Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

LOOKING for help...!!!

Started by DkPa, Feb 10, 2004, 03:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DkPa

Have had custody issues since daughters mother and I split. Have shared custody presently, BUT my daughter is now 5 and her mother still does not put our daughter as first priority in her life, along w/ MANY other issues. I am currently going back to court to try for primary physical custody. My wife and I want her to have stability and an excellent home life for the start of her school career. We know we can provide this for her, BUT as many of you know the cost of this course of action can be outrageous.I do have an attorney, but I would like to see if anyone out there who has gone or is going through this, knows of a way or ways to get financial help w/ such matters. As I cannot get a large enough loan and have no credit cards. Thank You.

DkPa

hotforjimmy

Hi, Welcome! I'm new here too, but have already gone through the custody battle with my husband to get his SD. In our state there was no way to get financial aid, they said it had to be a criminal case. So we begged and borrowed from everyone we knew. Good luck!

Brent

>My wife and
>I want her to have stability and an excellent home life for
>the start of her school career. We know we can provide this
>for her, BUT as many of you know the cost of this course of
>action can be outrageous.I do have an attorney, but I would
>like to see if anyone out there who has gone or is going
>through this, knows of a way or ways to get financial help w/
>such matters.

There really isn't any program to assist with legal bills like this; your best bet is to educate yourself as much as possible so you can help your attorney to best effect, and to document *everything* relevant to your child's care and home life.

I may sound like a broken record, but one of the first things you'll hear around here is "Document, document, document!". Having good records is *crucial*. Get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) at: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is good, but the OPTIMAL service is better.