Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:50:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

And the circle gets smaller...

Started by hoosierpapa4, Nov 27, 2004, 05:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoosierpapa4

Have been on these boards since Waylon started them and unfortunately have been the NCP since the beginning too.  My X, well, what can I say...she is self-destructive.  I have a modification of custody which I have waited two years to be heard, and will be waiting until early next spring to get before the judge.

The circle of friends that my X has is getting smaller.  She burns everyone around her.  She tells whoppers, and most often gets caught doing so, then she loses another friend.  Now, it's starting to affect her relationships with her family members.

This is sad, but it goes to show what type of person she is.  She has had an affair with her sister's husband (her brother in law).  Now, for this Thanksgiving, her family got together and "forgot to invite" my children and my X.

At the time of the Final hearings pertaining to child custody, the GAL said that their family was such a wonderful and supportive family for the X, and spewed some crap about how "disfunctional" my family was without ever having interviewed any of them (based on what my X told her rather than based on facts).  Well, we have the same GAL now for the latest modification of custody.  There are too many things to list that will make the GAL have to modify custody or look like an idiot in front of the judge.

Wondering out loud if I should offer this to the GAL, or wait for my X to initiate some sort of communication, then let it slip that her family is less than enamered with her parenting style and her attitude in life in general.

Your thoughts?

By the way, I am taking the children to my family's get together today where they are invited and welcomed.

Thanks.

MYSONSDAD

"Good things come to those who wait"

What is your gut feeling on this? Every case is different. Can you supply third party documentation to back up what is going on? Don't pull in a lot of 'he said, she said.' You might get tuned out. And they will miss what is really going on.

How old are your children? Can they speak on their own behalf?

Good chance her mouth will open again, just in ear shot of the GAL. If this GAL is any good, they should be able to see the differences from the last meeting. Her family may be asked again to meet with the GAL.  My opinion only...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

"Children learn what they live"

hoosierpapa4

>"Good things come to those who wait"
>

Unfortunately, while I have waited to get into the courts, my eldest daughter has been withdrawn from High School, my second eldest daughter was stabbed in the head (when another teenager threw a knife at her head), my eldest daughter contracted 3 of the 7 possible major STD's.  My second eldest went from b/c's to straight F's, she failed last year entirely, she's on track to have the same record this year.  X has not abided by the orders of the court to have the children in counselling, I get them there, but she refuses to take them or attend (or even pay the co-pay which she is ordered to pay).  Second eldest is on probation now because she falsely reported a felony.

>What is your gut feeling on this? Every case is different. Can
>you supply third party documentation to back up what is going
>on? Don't pull in a lot of 'he said, she said.' You might get
>tuned out. And they will miss what is really going on.

My gut tells me that the GAL is going to be overwelmed if she does her job at all.  I provided her with 45 exhibits which will be brought to court along with 13 tapes of messages and conversations that have taken place.

>
>How old are your children? Can they speak on their own
>behalf?

Sure they can.  Just hope we can get to court before they have their own children.

>
>Good chance her mouth will open again, just in ear shot of the
>GAL. If this GAL is any good, they should be able to see the
>differences from the last meeting. Her family may be asked
>again to meet with the GAL.  My opinion only...

In my humble opinion, the GAL should be pissed off at the X as she has done nothing that she promised that she would.

>
>Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
>
>"Children learn what they live"

MYSONSDAD

From what you just wrote, lay your cards on the table.

Sounds like you are covering your butt and the fact your children are having problems in school will only help you reach your goal.

Good Luck!