Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custodial Parent's right to say "No" to Non-Custodial Parent

Started by evANGEL, Dec 28, 2004, 08:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShellyD

that this is a very good and rational answer. I wish everyone had the same concern for the sanctity of a father(ncp)\child relationship. But then it seems that the rationality tends to be more prevailent in people who are both cp AND ncp's.

backwardsbike

backwardsbike

Sad to say that in my experience this is what happens.  What I'd like to know is where is "Best Interests of the Child" in these kinds of rulings?

MixedBag

In the heart of the CP who has the main control over the whole situation....

If it's not in their heart, it just won't be there.

In my opinon, there are two answers to this situation:

One is legal

One is with the child's best interest.....

Avaya

Didn't you say his visitation is Tue, Wed, Thur?  That will never be on non-school days except during vacations.  If those are his visitation days, then you do not have the right to deny those days.  Yes, the preschool that you have the child enrolled in is important, but not more important than spending time with is other parent that he doesn't see often due to where he lives.  YOU think he 'should have' made this trip during the Christmas vacation, but perhaps he couldn't.  Do you want him knocking on your door telling you what YOU 'should have' done?  Neither of you have that right.  If that's his visitation time, then he should get that time.  You are in contempt if you deny it.