Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Outrageous case in Missouri

Started by Hardware Queen, Dec 31, 2004, 07:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardware Queen

I'm posting this on behalf of someone I've never met, but she's my childhood best friend's sister's friend. Her name is Laurie, she has two sons, and she lives in Missouri. She was married to an abusive man, a former brainwashing expert for the military. When she dared to file for divorce, he told her he would get the children and make sure she never saw them again. Well, it would appear he has done this, unless a miracle happens for Laurie. He had her charged with 11 counts of sexual abuse against their boys. She lost her job as an aide at a school because of these bogus charges. He managed to get one count to stick. The grounds? She came out of the shower several years ago and one of the boys caught a glimpse of her breasts.

She has been in jail for months and has some kind of hearing this week. My friend's sister has tried every avenue she can think of to help Laurie. Contacting women's causes, talk shows, etc. Even if she is cleared, she will be a registered sex offender for the rest of her life. The boys may be called to testify. Do you think they'll feel free to tell the truth? I think they're probably scared to death of their father.

Please, if anyone has any ideas that will help her voice be heard, please post or PM them to me. Time is running out, I know, but I just was told about this yesterday and my friend asked me to help. I've posted all I know about the case, and of course it's thirdhand information. If I find out more specifics I will post them.

MYSONSDAD

http://www.abuse-excuse.com/

He has helped many others. Might be worth contacting him.

"Children learn what they live"

Hardware Queen

I've sent that link to my friend, along with several others. Thanks.

Hardware Queen

I talked to my friend (Gina) this morning and got a few more facts. Gina said when she talks with her sister (Lisa), she is so distraught that Gina just doesn't press her for details. I will fill in what little I know, and hope I got it right:

- Lisa describes Laurie as a sweet, gentle person who is a great mom.
- The younger son is now 14.
- Laurie was allowed to listen to testimony by her ex via phone recently.
- The younger son has to give a deposition in the next couple of days.
- Laurie's lawyer is lame but she has very little help and support. Lisa and her husband send her money every month, because she earns 5¢/hr in jail and has to buy ALL her own personal effects except shampoo.
- Laurie's own family does not back her because - get this - the man she started making a new life with after the divorce is black. What are they thinking? Maybe she should have found another nice white guy like her ex?

Other than that, I do not know the timeline of when the "abuse" took place, when the divorce was filed, when the charges were brought.

And the charge that stuck... I mean, who hasn't had a family member walk in on them accidentally? The kid might be traumatized for a few seconds, but it's more of a "yuck!" factor than anything else. I don't know what kind of a backwards area Laurie lives in that the judge didn't just throw her ex out on his tail.

By the way, Laurie unfortunately has the same last name as the latest female-teacher-who-had-sex-with-a-student-and-happens-to-be-from-Missouri-also... yikes. You know what's going to be in the jury's minds.