Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 10:51:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Share-parenting and GAL recommendations

Started by ER, Jan 25, 2005, 12:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

I have my custody trial comming soon and I am curious as to anyone that has thoughts or been through the process similar to mine.

My ex and I have been through the whole process until now. A GAL, Psychological Evaluations, pre-trials, no settlements. She files a 50/50 share-parenting plan months ago and I had refused it based on the plan itself. Through the evals and GAL, the final recommendations where for a shared-parenting arrangment with me, the father, being designated residential parent. The mother got standard court visitations with an added day ever 2 weeks.

The Psychological Evaluation specificallt stated that a shared-parenting plan was not feasible as the GAL agreed but did want this to become feasible so he was recommending a plan but no 50/50. My ex is refuses to even acknowledge this plan let alone even try to work things outs. So, we are going to trial in a week.

My concern is that my attorney tells me I will get custody based on the GAL and Psychiologist testimonies since they are in agreement and I have agreed to the GAL recommendations. He claims that it is a "no brainer" as to me not needing any witnesses or records of anything to prove my points of custody. I am still concerned because she feels she will get a 50/50 placement. I have spoken to other attorneys regarding my case and they concure that it was stupid of my ex to disagree completely with the GAL's recommendation and blow up in his office.

So why bother? What chances will she have being that my only witnesses are the GAL and Psychologist as my attorney wants. Her witnesses are unknown and to my knowldge she has nothing to prove other than she is the mother. The other facotr here is child support. I file in Oct of last year for stratagy just to see if it can et settled and my motion has not been heard through all the pre-trials. A 50/50 placement ofour child would relieve her of her obilgations. That would be the only reason I see her doing this.

I file a share-parenting plan that is in line with the GAL's recommendations as well as a few other things. Could the ruling judge go against both the GAL and Psycholigist recommendations based on arguments that bear no proof my child would be better off in a 50/50 situation? I am worried that the GAL and the Psycholigist testimony will not help? Any comments!