Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 05:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trial Begins Monday

Started by ER, Feb 03, 2005, 05:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Well it is finally here. After nearly a year of pre-trials and evaulations and continunances my custody trial is Monday. This week has been eventful if not confusing....

On Monday the attorney calls to let me know he received the witness list from my ex's attorney. We then make an appoiment to go over the list as well as construct our list of witnesess. At this point my ex walked out of the GAL office in our last ditch effort to settle out of court by throwing choice words at the whole situation...namely "what the f$%^". Yes, she is a professional too, a social worker who works with kids...

Well she states she wanted a 50/50 placement for our child and refused to settle on the GAL recommendation of a shared parenting with me being the custodial parent.

At my attorney's office I was informed that her attorney has now asked that no witnesess been made to testify and that they now want to agree with the GAL recommendations. Talk about being confused. So now it has been agreed that me, my ex and the GAL will be the only ones to testify in court on Monday. As for agreeing to the GAL recommendations, they want exactly what he wants now but I had requested a slight change for the benefit of my son due to his condition. I do have proof and witnesses to back up my change of recommendations but my attorney reassured me that eventhough there are 2 shared parenting plans submitted, the are going to push for mine.

The next big issues for today is child suport. My attorney requested it and now of course her attorney feels there shoud be now.  We requested child support due to the medical, day-care, and lving expenses I have been paying since my son was born. Yes, his mother carries insurance but I had to get my son seconday assitance on medical to cover the expensive therapy bills each month. I am told that my ex feels this is a wash since I do not pay anything and she does..

So, I have much to anticipate on Monday as I am beginning to smell a rat. My attorney feels we will get custody due to the GAL and Psychologist being on our side in their reports. I do not know anymore and I still beileive there is somthing up.