Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BM changes residence w/o notice, etc. etc.

Started by stepmom23, Jan 31, 2005, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepmom23

We're in the great state of Georgia.

Custody agreement settled May 2004 with 50/50 (and we were told this was a major victory for the father in Paulding County).  Child is 5 and in pre-k. BM is CP.

(1) Agreement includes "move-away" clause requiring 30 day written notice prior to move.   BM moved to another county that is more than 50 miles from our house and gave notice (written or otherwise) only after the fact.  BM's new town is 50 miles from our house and 70 miles from NCP's work.  Currently, child is in pre-k 20 miles from NCP's work and 6 miles from our house which is where BM is keeping him for balance of the year (convenient to her work is only reason).  Today, on tape, she has said child will be moved to school in her county come fall.  NCP stated to her that this would prevent him from his 50/50 because travel time to/from school/work would be 1.5+ hours each way meaning NCP would have to be at school by 2:30 on his days during week for pick up, resulting in leaving work at 1:00 (at latest) to pick up.  Child can't be at school any earlier than 7:30 each morning, resulting in leaving home as early as 6:00 and NCP being at least 1.5 hours late for work.  Would amount to 3-4 days a week depending on rotation.  BM says she doesn't care, that it's the NCP's problem.

(2) Pre-k lunches and after school program is split 50/50 between BM and NCP.  BM's account is currently 4 weeks past due.  BM was given until this past Friday to settle account with daycare or child would be removed from after school program.  We know and daycare knows that BM owes the money.  BM says the past due is not hers, but ours.  Since August each pays alternating 2 week period so a precedence has been set.  She's not paid her last 4 weeks.  We have copies of checks and proof of payment from daycare.  Since child is now no longer allowed in after school program, he must be released by 2:30 each day.  This places another burden on NCP.  Her response again is that it's the NCP's problem.

(3) 3 weeks in a row messages were left for BM regarding baseball sign-ups for child and whether she was signing him up or not (she demanded to have decision making rights for extracurricular).  She finally called this past Thursday saying she would make contact with his coach and register child this weekend.  fyi- registration was 2 weeks ago but league made an exception to register child late.  As of Saturday, no contact had been made so NCP registered child himself.  BM's comment on why she hadn't had time to contact coach was because she was busy at home with her 18 month and 3 week old babies.  She didn't even know child wanted to play baseball again, though it's all he talks about.

(4) NCP pays $500 in clothing allowance twice a year (January and July).   Agreement states she must provide receipts for purchases.  Just made the second payment since agreement signed and still no receipts.  

(5) BM stated on tape today with NCP that if he wanted the child then he could have him.  NCP told her to sign the paperwork and that he would see her in court.  Attorney is being contacted now.

(6) BM still owes attorney $2,500 from her suit with NCP and has made no effort to pay.  NCP was told by attorney that BM will have a hard time finding a new attorney having not paid previous attorney.  Previous attorney is in same county BM is now in.

(7) BM has moved 6 times since April 2002.  Each time with the premise to help her new family financially.  Has had 2 more babies since.

(8) Has a 10 year old with ex-husband who now spends most of his time at his dad's 'cause BM doesn't have time (or room in the car) with the most recent baby's birth 3 weeks ago.  History with this child is repeating itself with NCP's child.

Most of the above is just the past week or two.  We have much more from the past year (threats of TPO or arrest when NCP wouldn't fold to her demands).  We document everything, and I mean everything.  NCP has actually had child 52% in both 2003 and 2004.

Also, BM used to work w/ Dept. of Family and Child Services but resigned when a child in her case load was killed by it's stepfather and BM was blamed for not following up on reports of abuse.  She now works in the private sector doing the same line of work.

Any advice or input on the above would be appreciated.

Genie

with the moves and not paying her bills etc.  If she hadn't had her tubes tied I'm sure our PB wouldn't have more kids too b/c she couldn't keep herself from getting pregnant.

I would say just follow up on getting custody.  Have the papers drawn up and hopefully she will sign them without a fight. Work out visitation and transportation at that point.

As for the bills, as long as you prove you have paid your part correctly, then they can go after her for the money.  Now if you get custody, I wouldn't put stock in her paying correctly. You may want to work it so she has to reimburse you upon receipt. Won't be any better but at least SS won't be kicked out of a program b/c she doesn't pay and then you have to find him another one only to have it happen again and again.

Good luck.  Oh and if you don't get custody I would definitely be asking court that she either provide transportation or do 1/2 of driving since she is the one who moved.

wendl

lmao sounds like my dh's ex, hmmm lived in a hotel for 2 months NOT telling dh, moving a ton of time, kids switching schools, oss in 4th grade and on his 5th school.

I could tell you stuff HOWEVER, dh's LOVELY ex and her loosers stalk me on the net.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

stepmom23

>lmao sounds like my dh's ex, hmmm lived in a hotel for 2
>months NOT telling dh, moving a ton of time, kids switching
>schools, oss in 4th grade and on his 5th school.
>
>This one moved to a trailer on a chicken farm because the rent was free.   Dh's child helped stepdad collect the dead chickens.

Her oldest son is also on his 5th school in 4 years.

This woman is why I will never again judge people by their looks.  To see her is to not believe the things she's done.  She's all smiles and cuteness on the outside.

wendl

My husbands ex wife is nasty, but she is a good liar, and knows how to work people, she is suck up to your face and a real winner when you really know her. Maybe that is why in the last 4yrs she has never kept the same friend, they get tired of her.

LMAO my best friend I have known for 10yrs, I think bms friends stick around for about 6months to a year before they realize bm is using them. (most of her friends are not very bright)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

EyeforKids

1.  Take a look at GA state laws to see how far she can move before the courts will consider it a significant change in circumstances.  Many states will give a mileage figure (like 50 or 100 miles).  If you disagree with what she has done and is planning to do, go back to court.

2.  Think about this carefully, maybe the answer is for the NCP to pay the fees and then take BM back to court to get reimbursed.  Or encourage the day care center to go after mom for the costs in small claims court and tell them that you will be there to show that dad has paid his half.  

3.  Let it go, you did what was best for the child.  Since she demanded the final say and didn't do it in time, and dad did make the decision knowing that's what the child wants and has wanted in the past, let HER take you to court and complain to the judge.

4.  With hold next payment until you receive receipts for the first two payments according to the order.  Let her file the contempt for Dad not paying, and let Dad explain to the judge how she didn't follow the rules outlined in the order by providing receipts.

5.  Good luck.

6.  Yep, that's how it goes.

7.  So what, I've seen people move tons of times and it doesn't seem to have a great impact when it comes to the court room.

8.  In a sense, good.  Because then maybe she'll follow through and let the child live with dad.

smtotwo

and just moved to his 6th school.  Don't these women understand stability?!!

My oldest son is 23 and my youngest is 13.  All 4 of my kids were in the same school their whole life.

My 13 yr oldes biggest problem is that the teachers all call him Brad or Brandon ( hos older brothers)   DRIVES THE BOY CRAZY!!  TEE HEE!!

And about the smiles and cuteness, read stop walking on eggshells.

DH's ex, we're sure, has borderline personality disorder.  You'd be amazed the things they say that others believe!!

stepmom23

NCP has appt. with his attorney at 2:00 this afternoon to discuss actions moving forward.

Thanks again.

SadStepMom

Yes 8 schools. (7 different school districts)  I can't believe it.  Since they change schools so often there is no reason why we couldn't do one year at our house, one year at her house, but you know that would never happen.  At least then every other year they would be on somewhat familar territory.

YSS is in 4th grade and has been to 6 schools.