Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gender biased Legal system

Started by jilly, Feb 20, 2004, 08:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njfireeater

I am very confused about the legal system.I have always believed in the legal system,I still do...to some extent.But recently I am finding out that it is gender biased.I was divorced for about 2 years now. My ex has repeatedly made false allegations against me during these 2 years in hope of gaining sole custody of our son so she and her boyfriend can leave the state and so she does not have to answer to me. All of the allegations against me have be found to be unsubstantiated.The last set of allegations against me I was eventually arrested for(even though the police didn't want to)and spend 24 hours in jail.Dyfs took my son away from his mother and placed him in a foster home because of evidence that she was putting these things into his head and telling him to make up things.Eventually all the charges have been dropped against me And I should be Getting physical custody of my son within the next 2 weeks.The confusion is now how come nobody is going after my ex for what she has done.Besides the lieing and me having to spend 24 hours in jail and spending an ungodly amount of money to defend myself against these lies,there is the emotional trama that she has caused to my son.first off being alinated from me.The emotional distress he has go through having to live in a shelter for 5 months.And the physical,having to go through 2 rape kits in 2 different hospitals in one day.Why isn't anybody bring charges against her?The prosecutors office filed crimainal charges against me with no physical evidence,but is not doing anything to her when they have witnesses and evidence against her.My lawyer tells me that nobody likes to prosecute a mother because of the publicity it will draw.But what about my son,how can i raise him to believe in the legal system when the legal system is not doing anything to protect him.Is my attorney right?

jilly

You're attorney is right...the system won't do a thing to your ex.  However, that doesn't prevent YOU from trying to prosecute her for frivolous/false charges. I'm not sure what State/County you live but it might be worth checking in to the statutes of your state to see if you have that option.  I would also go to the message board for Socrateaser. Read the rules for posting on that board and ask him if he thinks you have a possible cause of action against your ex. You should look in to getting your son in to therapy to help him understand (as if that's possible!) and/or cope with the abuse he's had to deal with due to all of this.
Good luck to you and your son.

Jill

njfireeater

My son and i are already in therapy together.That was one of the reguirements for me to get physical custody.It is for us to build our  relationship and for me to also help him get over this

Dave

StPaulieGirl

I was thinking civil action, is that a possiblility?  I hate it when liars get away with everything.  

Congratulations to you and your son!

Davy

"I was thinking civil action, is that a possiblility? I hate it when liars get away with everything."

Geesh !!  I guess some refuse to GET it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Geesh !!

Congratulations to you and your son!

njfireeater

Thankyou...I don't have custody yet though...I don't want to get to over confident...My lawyer said civil suits as well...but she has nothing to sue for

Indigo Mom

For any type of suit...like defamation or civil...or whatever, You have to be able to prove, in court, that your ex knowingly made a false accusation with malicious intent.      Even if you can, what's she going to get?  Without a prior criminal history, she'll be let out MAYBE with a few hundred in fines (again...MAYBE)...but it will be a slap on the wrist.  If she "has" a prior criminal record, she might do a week or two (MAYBE)...but I've found out that false reporting to the police is a MISDEMEANOR!!!!  (should be a fricken felony)

When YOU are falsely accused of a felony, the stakes are high...but for her, the false accusor...it's a misdemeanor?  UNREAL!!!!!!!  Put that shit on a "fairness" scale and see which one hits the floor.

Check this out.  I faced 6 years for the crime I was falsely accused of.  If I had filed a suit against my ex?  He'd be told he's a naughty boy and to never do it again.  bad baby, you did a naughty!!!...WTF?????  My ass was on the line!  My life was on the line!  And his life is what?????   His life went on as usual...and continued making false accusations, even though he wasn't "believed" any more...they kept a comin!  Even though the police "knew" he was all about making false accusations, our lives were turned upside down each time the idiot lied to the police.  

Now, this gets even more disturbing.  You were found not guilty.  Wassat mean?  LACK OF CREDIBLE EVIDENCE AGAINST YOU!!!!!  Doesn't mean ya didn't "do it"...even if you didn't...you had the charge, and yes, it WILL affect jobs in the future.  The prosecutor "failed" to show evidence you did this crime, but it doesn't mean ya didn't do it. "omg...that fire eater guy was charged with rape, and then charged with this, and this, and this. it says he wasn't guilty, but whatifhedidit?....let's hire this other dude".  The "cloud of suspicion" is over your head for a looooooong time.  

Your life is destroyed by a false accusation, and it never ever ever goes away.  There's NOTHING to prevent a person from falsely accusing another of a crime, there's NOTHING that will happen to them once found to be the pathetic little weasel liar they are. We ALL know you can lie through your f*cking teeth and not a DAMN thing is gonna happen to you.  

My opinion is this.  You falsely accuse me of a crime which makes me face 6 years in prison?  Your ass does 6 years in prison when I'm found not guilty.  BAM...now shut the f*ck up and enjoy your vacation with bubba!

Hows that????  Think exes would think twice about calling the police for bogus charges?

njfireeater

all i can say is wow..lol.The charges against me were dropped because of evidence that DYFS and the prosecutors have showng that she put these things in my sons head...They have witnesses that have seen her tell my son what to say and then watched him repeat  it word for word.They have psych evals where my son says that hes mother told him to make up stories about me. I seriously believe that even if they had a video taped confession from her that they wouldn't do a damn thing.I am not so concerned about what was done to me but surely  something can be done about the mental abuse she has put my son through...I feel that by putting my son through 2 rape kits...she legally had him raped

njfireeater

all i can say is wow..lol.The charges against me were dropped because of evidence that DYFS and the prosecutors have showng that she put these things in my sons head...They have witnesses that have seen her tell my son what to say and then watched him repeat  it word for word.They have psych evals where my son says that hes mother told him to make up stories about me. I seriously believe that even if they had a video taped confession from her that they wouldn't do a damn thing.I am not so concerned about what was done to me but surely  something can be done about the mental abuse she has put my son through...I feel that by putting my son through 2 rape kits...she legally had him raped

StPaulieGirl

Oh I "get it" Davy.  When it comes to liars, they come in both genders.  They seem to get away with everything, and suffer no consequences.  They daintily step over the wreckage of the lives they've destroyed with their lies....unlike their victims, they lose no sleep over what they've done.

My grandma had a saying.  "A liar is worse than a thief, because a liar can hang an innocent man".