Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gender biased Legal system

Started by jilly, Feb 20, 2004, 08:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

My opinion is this. You falsely accuse me of a crime which makes me face 6 years in prison? Your ass does 6 years in prison when I'm found not guilty. BAM...now shut the f*ck up and enjoy your vacation with bubba!

[p]Hows that???? Think exes would think twice about calling the police for bogus charges?

Wouldn't that be nice?

Your life is destroyed by a false accusation, and it never ever ever goes away. There's NOTHING to prevent a person from falsely accusing another of a crime, there's NOTHING that will happen to them once found to be the pathetic little weasel liar they are. We ALL know you can lie through your f*cking teeth and not a DAMN thing is gonna happen to you.

Sad, but true.  I'm waiting for the next "shoe" to drop.

Davy

No, you don't get it and yes liars come in both genders but this issue is not simply about liars.  While there may be exceptions (like Indy) the broad overall issue is Gender bias in the so-call legal system.  It goes far beyond family matters where females have a blatant favortism making the whole system a complete farce.  

DUAL STANDARDS are prevalent in drunk driving cases, personal injury suits, real estate tax matters, traffic court,  apartment evictions, and on and on and on.  It is likened to being forced to serve involuntarily in a combat zone.  Unless you've had the experiences ... you really don't know.

The entire system is broken.  It's like someone burnt the court house down while nobody else was looking and we are left rambling thru the ashes for a flicker of justice and decency.

MYSONSDAD

I may be way off on this.

Since I too, am a victim of a very vendictive liar and have been falsely accused, my whole outlook has changed. If somone is trashing someone else, I turn the other way. Until I see things for myself, I listen to no one. The people who feed off the lies of others are just as guilty as the liar themselves.

Sir, I do not know how you have held your sanity with this. I could not imagine what I would do in your shoes.

My sincerest best wishes to you and your son. Let us know how it works out...

'children learn what they live'

StPaulieGirl

The entire system is broken. It's like someone burnt the court house down while nobody else was looking and we are left rambling thru the ashes for a flicker of justice and decency.  

That's where you and I (and half of Americans)agree.

I also have to agree that there is a gender bias in some issues.  Many courts still have the "tender years doctrine" on the books.  That's where it is automatically assumed that the mother is the best parent for small children.  Fathers are automatically disregarded when it comes to full custody or 50/50 of their infant and toddler children.  I know you can't stand me.  I don't care.  My dad was 50 yrs old when I was born.  My mother had severe childbirth complications due to her age, so my dad took a leave of absence from work and took care of me, my mom, and his 90 yr old mother.  We all survived.  Men can diaper and feed babies.

I don't know about dual standards in the other instances you cited, but I have to agree that there is a bias in family court.

njfireeater

Thankyou...It hasn't been easy...Iam the excact opposite of my ex.She is the screamer while i am the laid back patient one.Everybody that has been with me during this has asked me the same question.I tell them i don't know..lol.But basically i just ask myself will it be good for my son if i go crazy...

MixedBag

msme

We have seen so much gender bias that my faith in what I was raised to believe was shaken to my very roots. After the police gave my son his 3 children, the day she tried to kill him in front of them, he made a wonderful home for them. My son stood helpless, when he went to court & the blonde idiot judge told him "he had no right to take her children away from her."

She gave them back to her, returning them to a druggie, brothel, commune. It took her beating the then 9 year old girl's face black, blue & bloody for the idiot judge to give them back to my son.

His first lawyer did nothing. Afterwards, he said, "Oh well, that's the way family court is. You fought the good fight." We hired a new lawyer that same day.

I admire your fortitude in fighting to rescue your son.  Sorry it was such a rude awakening. Welcome to the club.

njfireeater

Thankyou...I don't think that i am terrific....I'm jusy a concerned father wanting the best for his son

msme

who knows, someday, she may hit the lottery, or inherit a bunch of money, or even get a big settlement for an auto accident. What ever, she gets, if you have a judgement in place, you can collect on it.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

StPaulieGirl

Good point!  However you must go to court with the charges before the statute of limitations expires.  Also, in CA at least, I believe that that judgement award amount will accrue compound interest.

If she ever comes into any money, you'll be right there to grab it.  Of course you have to win your civil case first.  You need a bloodsucker for a lawyer )(