Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gender biased Legal system

Started by jilly, Feb 20, 2004, 08:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy

How do you get around Gender Bias in the Legal system ??  Remember that NJfireeater is a male.  Do you have the mindset of always winning in the legal system because you're female and you see the possibility of more money ??  Thought I'd ask.

NJfireeater should concentrate on the well-being of his son and himself.

Besides, if there was a suit it should for the truth as a matter of record without money judgement.  Now try to find an attorney to pursue that endeavor !!!!!!    

Indigo Mom

Sometimes I 'do' get carried away.  lol

-----I am not so concerned about what was done to me but surely something can be done about the mental abuse she has put my son through-----

Love.  

Davy

Yes yes yes  LOVE  ... what goes around comes around.

Peanutsdad

Dave,

I'd like to ask you WHY of earth you go to these extremes of doggin on STPaulie???

I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed you go to great lengths to follow threads she posts in and flame the hell out of her any chance you get.

Whats the matter buddyro?? So eaten up with bitterness that this is the only way you gat pleasure now? Try some therapy dude,, you need it.

Last I checked,, women DO get convicted, women DO get evicted, women DO get tickets and warrants. While the "system" IS bent,, It's a far cry from broke as you insist.

I dont argue that there is a gender bias, but it doesnt entitle you to go after someone on these boards whose posts I might remind you,, WERE TRYING to help a poster.

msme

I do believe that the civil courts are not nearly as biased as the family courts. He obviously has good evidence, as he is getting custody of his son.
Yes, he should concentrate on his son & himself, but you & I both know that he isn't out of the woods. She, more than likely, will make another run at him.
If he gets a good sized judgement against her, she is less likely to try to make false accusations against him.

kiddosmom

Ok filing charges on someone for false alligation is a misdomener (sp?) and they get a slap on the wrist ect ect... ok i understand this... they have no previous record ect ect...

you know what, mabe if people actually did file against the false accuser then they WOULD have a a previous record, part of the problem is everyone is saying nothing will happen because noone is doing anything about it.

JMHO

Indigo Mom

-----you know what, mabe if people actually did file against the false accuser then they WOULD have a a previous record, part of the problem is everyone is saying nothing will happen because noone is doing anything about it.-----

I can't speak about anything but what "I" personally dealt with..."my" monster.  monster was such a sick, twisted, vile creature, that when he "got away" with something, it only made him stronger.  So, getting a slap on the wrist wouldn't necessarily stop him....but let him know that he can "get away" with anything.  (and I've been told that one time and time again)

I remember when he was charged with contempt for barging through my front door and threatening me in front of 4 witnesses.  Slap on the wrist.  He felt "bigger" and his harrassment became even "bolder"...to the point of barging into my work, knowing there were 4 security cameras, and harrassing me ON FILM.  Slap on the wrist again....people who are so gross as to file false charges of ANY type...well, they don't think like "you"...because you're normal and they aren't.  

Sometimes, in these situations, it's safest for everyone involved to just suck it up and let it go.  

kiddosmom

In that kind of case i would agree, but wonder .... if you have several cases won against him, mebe that could get him in more trouble he cannot get out of if he continues?

Indigo Mom

And in a "way" I agree.  Each and every time a person knowingly files a false complaint, we should sue.  But....if it was an automatic felony with MANDATORY jail time?  (and the alledged victim must sign a form stating they are aware of this)  I think things "might" change.  

But then...it would probably affect those who are real victims of crimes.  I mean, say I sock you in the nose...and you call the police...but there's not "sufficient" evidence I did that to you.  (police "see" a red nose, but can they "prove" i socked you?)  You'd probably refuse to file charges on me just because...if it's not proven in court, you could get busted, even though I "did" sock you.  

So, what to do, what to do.  I guess what you suggest!  Either that or simply let it go.