Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:33:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaining Custody of Children

Started by debinky, Mar 08, 2005, 06:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debinky

My son is currently going through a divorce. He has 2 children a G-2 and a B-3. They had a very rocky marriage from the start. She is very psycho and we swear that she has Munchausens Syndrome. She medicates the children every night to make them sleep, she withholds medicine from them when they are genuinely ill, (we have proof of this through insurance claims records), she creates instances where she gets to them "just in the nick of time", and she takes them to the hospital at least once and sometimes twice a month. Baby girl had 37 claims in an 18 month period. This wife filed an EPO on my son in 12/03 claiming that he hit her, would not let her work, would not give her any money, took her kids and would not let her see or talk to them. Truth:
There were many 911 calls logged against HER, NOT him. On one occasion, she was throwing dishes and glasses at the floor and wall sending flying glass everywhere. My son had to lay over the kids to shield them from the flying glass. The officer who answered the call made a report to CPS (Child Protective Services). Around that same time, 3 members of our family also made reports even though our son and daughter in law were still together. I cannot write everything down in this space as the story is too long, but one day, baby G had a blanket edging wrapped around her neck twice, was found snow white and barely breathing. She also had a small cut on her abdomen which wife said was from the boy who was 2 at the time, cutting her with baby scissors. She would leave bath water in the tub all the time with a 1 and 2 year old yet did NOT bathe the children regularly. I hope some of you get the picture here. He NEVER stopped her from working, she chose not to. He gave her his paycheck every Friday and she would not even pay the bills or rent. In one month, she went through $1800 and had nothing to show for it. My son suspected drug use at that time because of her violent episodes.
  He left her the day he found out she was buying drugs for sure and she told him to take the kids, but that she would go to court and get them back and he would pay child support. He allowed her to talk on the phone to them but would not let her take them. He also told her that she could come and see them, but she never did. After 3 weeks, they went to court and the judge bought her story hook line and sinker. He would not let my son or his lawyer even speak. He ordered that she be allowed to see the children that day for a few hours. She did not return them at the specified time and I called her and asked where they were.
She said she talked to the judge in his chambers after we had left and that he told her she didn't have to bring them back because there was no temporary custody order. I told her she was in contempt of court and she began cussing at me. I just handed the phone to my daughter at that time. My daughter told her the same thing, that she was in contempt. Then she told her that the B was on Pennicillin for Strep. The next day, my daughter and I were both served with EPO's saying that we had threatened to beat her a-- and bust her mother's door down, take the children and never let her see them again. NONE of that was ever said. When we went to court, she screwed her lies up so bad that the judge dismissed both EPO's before either one of us ever said one word. However, AFTER he dismissed it, I raised my hand and asked if I could say something. I told him MY version of what was really said, and also made sure I told him about what she had said about going back in his chambers and him telling her that she didn't have to bring the children back. Our son stayed with us with the children for 3 weeks. I had to stay up with them each night for an entire week because they did not know how to sleep through the night without being drugged up first.
Needless to say, our son went back for more. They stayed together for 2 more months. One day she just left and called him later to tell him she was not coming back. She said that I had called her and cussed her out and etc..... I had not talked to her whatsoever since that EPO hearing two months earlier. We found out later she left because she was pregnant again. Our son had had a vasectomy a year earlier so she knew it was not his. She also put his name down on the birth certificate claiming that the Dr. told her she had to even though she knew who the father was. They went for a hearing on child custody and both of them signed an agreement stating that he would get the children a week and she would get them a week and no child support. So for the past year, he has had the children every other week, all week. This past summer, she tried to pull a fast one on him by saying that the kids had something called Molluscum (which we had never heard of!) which is a very contagious skin infection similar to chicken pox but lasts at least 6 months. She knew I watched the kids when he went to work along with other grandchildren and would not be able to have them around the other children. He did not pick them up that week but when he visited them the very next week, noticed they had no sores, so all they had was chicken pox. Her next move was more recently. Our son has had a girlfriend for the past 6 months who is better with the children than their own mother. She watches the kids while he works nightshift, 10 hours a night, 4 days a week. She works part time. "IF", she has to work during the week that they had the kids it was usually on Tuesday and Wednesday. They would stay overnight here so they would not have to take the kids out so early. So usually they would stay here on Monday and Tuesday. On February 26th, our son  gave the kids back to their mother. On March 1st, the mother filed another EPO stating that he was leaving the kids in surroundings at which the little 2 year old grandaughter was suspected of being sexually abused!!!! During the time that he was not working, he was here with the children. When he was at work in the evening, his girlfriend and us, the grandparents were here with the children and I know for a fact that there was NO sexual abuse or any other kind of abuse going on here. Our son was served an EPO at work on March 2nd and the hearing isn't until the 14th, so he has not been allowed to even see his children since Feb. 26th! We called the CPS because "IF" there was any sexual abuse, then it is occurring while she has them, not here. We made many phone calls to no avail. Nobody was willing to do anything. Our son tried to file an EPO on her since we know that no sexual abuse has occurred here and they told him he could not file until this one went to court on the 14th. He went to the hospital to get the records since that is where she claimed she took the kids to and they would not give him his own children's records. They told him he would have to fax them a copy of the custody arrangement paper and THEN they would mail them to him. We just changed lawyers yesterday. The old one advised us to let her take the children that time when they weren't returned knowing fully well that there was no custody order preventing her from keeping them. I might add that her mother and father are both convicted drug felons (we have proof) and that the mother and step-father of this girl both smoke marijuana while the grandchildren are there. The lawyers response to that? Well if they aren't doing it in front of the kids, there was nothing we could do. So in his words, it was okay for these people to be stoned around them? The father most recently was arrested for running a crystal meth lab. Our son's wife also wrote out $3000 worth of bad checks, opened up mail order accounts in our grandsons name, etc... and there has been nothing we have been able to do about any of it. Any suggestions from anyone to deal with any of this? It has been so much frustration and aggravation. She also drives around with the children in NO car seats. She comes to pick them up in a pick up truck with her cousin and no car seats. She claims they don't have to be in one. The law here is age 4 and over 40 pounds???? I know there are others who have had these problems. There are many things that I have not even included in here because it would take too much to write, but she is most definitely an unfit mother. We don't drink, we don't do drugs, we don't abuse the kids, yet we are the ones getting kicked in the teeth from her and the legal system. Why does CPS not follow up when you call them? They made one visit to the home and at the time, our son and she were still together. She came across to them as mother of the year. Two weeks later our son told us he wished had not kept silent when that case worker was there. Right now our son is paying $319 a week for 3 kids, one who is not even his. He can barely afford to pay rent. We are going to do everything in our power to help him out financially with this lawyer, but we need advice from people who have been where we are right now. Thank you for any input.

p9172

give me a call so we can discuss this matter in detail my pager is 9177290508