Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 03:12:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good news, but need some info, too........

Started by Kitty C., Feb 23, 2004, 12:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

DH and I have decided to reconcile and try it again.  :-)  He's getting the help he needs and is extremely determined to see it thru.  Ine thing that he's said more than once is that he swore all his life that he wouldn't become his father, but that's exactly what happened.  His father was very abusive to him and his siblings as they were growing up.

We know that it will be very hard at times, but I think he has a good start in developing a support base.  We're taking it one day at a time and also going back to church regularly, too.

So now I need to file a withdrawal of petition of dissolution and have no idea how it should be worded.  I did call the clerk of court's office and the lady told me that it must be signed by both of us and notarized, but that she could not give me content, which I knew that.  We can get it notarized late Thurs., and DH has Friday off and so we'd like to get it filed then.  That way neither one of us has to take extra time off.  I know that withdrawals are rare in this type of forum (!), but anybody got any ideas?  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

That's great news Kitty :-)

I don't know anything about wording the document you need to file, but wanted to let you know that I'm happy for you both :-)

Davy

FIRST OF ALL...I am particularly delighted to hear this news...for the kids, DH and last but not least YOU.  With the passage of time and our exchanges here it almost seems we also know DH.  As ya'll go forward  TOGETHER to RECOVER from ALL ISSUES that ya'll will be in the thought and prayer of others from time to times.

Of course I'm not an attorney but from the ole Pro Se days I seem to recall this motion to dismiss another motion.  Uhmmm...actually my IL attorney filed such a motion to dismiss and disregard the opposing attorneys motion.  The format would normally be like the Disolution Motion and DH would need to be served just like before.  The body of the motion would be short and sweet something like 'the dissolution of dodah dated such and such is being withdrawn effective this day due to reconciliation of the mariage dated (years ago).   This day would mean notarized date and there should not be a need for appearance during court time ... unless DH wants to argue the motion (hahaha).  The clerk should probably just present for judge's signature and then tucked away in the folder jacket NEVER to be brought to life again EVER.

Happy trails (not trials) to you !!

msme

God bless all of you. You will be in our prayers.

Try going to a search engine (I like dogpile.com) and type in free legal forms. You will find a whole mess of sites that will do almost any legal form or motion you can imagine. Next you type in your info & it creates it for you. You can't download most of them but you can cut & paste to a word document.

Hope this helps.

Good luck & God bless!

Kitty C.

DH had contacted his atty. and had given him a flat fee a couple weeks ago.  He suggested using this guy to do it and get our money's worth out of the guy!  Saves me the time and hassle of trying to get it done myself!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

That's cool!  I'm very happy for you and your family, Kitty :-)