Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 06:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Legal HELP

Started by GaDADMissingKids, Nov 15, 2008, 08:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaDADMissingKids

Hi,I am separated father that lives in Ny,My separated wife lives in Ga with ours 2 kids,We both are legally still married and both still have custody of the  2 kids that are 7 and 6 .Since jun 13,08 she has not allow  our to call me.I have not been able to call them cause she will not provided me a number at all.She has a bf that has a cell phone and he will not let them call me from that either.I have ask him for a numbe to call my kids and he will not reply are give me a number to call the kids at.I think she is trying to pull a abandonment case on me.I have save every myspace message's that i sent her asking for her to please give me a number to call them at and all her reply's too,I also have the message were i was asking her current  bf to please allow me to speak to my kids Are can he please give me a number to call them and he sent me a very vulgar reply back to me.
If u would like i can post the last message from her that i got on myspace.Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

NeverGiveUp

I'm not an attorney but I personally wouldn't count on My Space messages as carrrying any weight. I would send a certified, return reciept, letter to the ex saying that Ive been trying to make contact with them and please respond with contact information. Or better yet, go talk to the judge asap. Isn't there an agreement in place defining visitation/contact? If not shouldn't there be?

PS
All this coming from a guy who hasn't seen his own children in years.... don't expect much sympothy from the courts.

janM

If you have her address, you should file for divorce and state what you'd like for parenting time/access to the kids. Having something on paper is the only way to enforce time with the kids. How long have they been in GA? I would think since you're still in NY you can file there.

GaDADMissingKids

Sorry for the late reply and all.She live in ga  and when i try to remain civil for ours kids .She sends me message on my space like this "
ust so you knoow i am not fighting with you..
You moved away that is why you havent seen youre kids.
Youwas able to see them like you was suppose to when you lived here .Nowyou cant becouse you moved youre choice you left them......
       THE END!!!!!!!!!!                  
          "As for the order.She was awarded temp custody after a judge check a wrong box in august granting both of us shared custody and then in Sept 12 07.HE file a amendment granting her temp custody

GaDADMissingKids

Quote from: NeverGiveUp on Nov 22, 2008, 04:51:35 AM
I'm not an attorney but I personally wouldn't count on My Space messages as carrrying any weight. I would send a certified, return reciept, letter to the ex saying that Ive been trying to make contact with them and please respond with contact information. Or better yet, go talk to the judge asap. Isn't there an agreement in place defining visitation/contact? If not shouldn't there be?

PS
All this coming from a guy who hasn't seen his own children in years.... don't expect much sympothy from the courts.

I would love to send her a certified letter but there is a no contact order from a criminal charge that she has against me.Plus she keeps moving every time i plan to come down and see them

janM

Quote from: GaDADMissingKids on Mar 14, 2009, 01:56:18 AM
I would love to send her a certified letter but there is a no contact order from a criminal charge that she has against me.Plus she keeps moving every time i plan to come down and see them

If there is a no contact order, then why the heck are you sending messages to her? Does the order apply to ANY contact? Have you printed out that one to you? That proves (if it's admissible) not only that she's being unreasonable, but that she isn't afraid to violate the order either.

At any rate, you need to take this to court. You will get nowhere with her or her bf. You are at a disadvantage being so far away.

GaDADMissingKids

Quote from: janM on Mar 14, 2009, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: GaDADMissingKids on Mar 14, 2009, 01:56:18 AM

If there is a no contact order, then why the heck are you sending messages to her? Does the order apply to ANY contact? Have you printed out that one to you? That proves (if it's admissible) not only that she's being unreasonable, but that she isn't afraid to violate the order either.

At any rate, you need to take this to court. You will get nowhere with her or her bf. You are at a disadvantage being so far away.
I do send message back to her to only ask that we quit all the fighting over the kids and can i Please speak to them.No the court order states i cannot talk to her ant any times.However she is at full mercy to contact me and all.What do u mean by 'Have you printed out that one to you?"I plan on coming back down in may and spending what looks like a while down there.I have serveral message where she has sent me message and her bf has as well

ocean

If she is contacting you, you can take that proof to court and state that she must not be in fear of you since she is contacting you..request the order be dropped. Next time you go to court for RO, ask for one way to contact her for the kids...I would request e-mail only for both parties. That way it is written down.

GaDADMissingKids

Well according to the courts the RO has expire and she is not wanting it to be drop are have it go back before the judge.Cause i have prove from her family members were she has contacted me and harass me over how i let the kids play WOW and let them have snacks and all.Well that was ibn live in GA AND ALL.I tried calling them tpo get a hearing for the expire RO and COC keeps saying i must get a lawyer for this and there is nothing i can do to have her stop contatcing me and all.

As for the emails.That would never work cause she will lie and say she has no internet.But she is always on myspace and sending me messsage and then blocking me from replying back....

ocean

What court ordered the RO? If it was criminal court...is the charges done? You need a lawyer in criminal court. If it went through family court, you can request a hearing to determine how you are allowed to contact mother for visits or how you will pick up children with the RO in place. The RO does not have the kids on it right?