Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

emergency custody

Started by bensorf, Oct 14, 2008, 08:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bensorf

I am a father who has never been married to the mother but takes care, supports and keep my child every week. The mother let me know that she was going to move to a different state yesterday and the city is 5 hours away! What should i do because i dont have joint custody?

MixedBag

IMHO....emergency custody is when the child is in IMMEDIATE physical danger and those hearings still take time.

No order of any kind now?

File TODAY for maintaining the status quo or at least 50/50 time with your child and joint custody.

Chances are you're in for a huge fight.

her first reaction is to say "You're not dad if you're not on the birth certificate."

Ask the court to restrain her from moving the child to another location -- she may go but not the child.

Some have won that battle in court, others have failed.

LIBBYSMOM2

if you are not on birth certificate then get an order for a paternal test, stall her move, then file for visitation rights, if you file now it will be there on your territory and even if she does move off she will have to commute there for court hearings and at least beable to see your child when she is there till settled  ?

janM

Once you file something, I don't think she'll be able to move while the case is open without getting in trouble.

File for paternity/custody/child support and ask that the child not leave the jurisdiction until the matter can be heard.