Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

From Glenn Sacks

Started by Brent, Feb 23, 2004, 07:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

If you believe that, I have some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

The shirts were removed from over 3500 stores *permanently*. That's got to be a huge downer in sales, DD, and I seriously doubt that the little bit of media attention it got would create an increase in sales from other sources that make up for that, let alone exceed it. Sorry, it just doesn't add up. (And if you're foolish enough to believe Todd Goldman's PR spin on it that the ban was "good for business", you're not as intelligent as I thought. Not that Todd would *ever* lie, oh no.)

>The strategy is to examine how to remove the profit of such a
>product in a stealth mission that won't enhance sales.

Well, great. We're all ears- tell us the secret plan for your "stealth" technique and we'll be glad to participate. But I have to say that if you really had a way to do this, you would be telling us what it is instead of alluding to it.

>Whenever there is an offensive message that shows promising
>sales, adding additional controversy is simply adding fuel to
>a fire.

The I say, "Burn, baby, burn!". As I mentioned beofre, the chance of Todd Goldman actually getting increased revenues after having his product banned from 3500+ retailers is microscopic, to say the least. If it's so good for business, why doesn't he just ban them from ALL the retail outlets? Because according to his logic, he'd make even more in sales. We both know that doesn't make sense, DD.  His sales *have* suffered, but he's not going to say that out loud.

>One must carefully figure out how to "hit 'em where it hurts"
>before engaging on a campaign.

Again, since you seem to have all the answers and know how to do this, why not tell us, instead of just telling us you'll tell us?

And as far as "hitting 'em where it hurts", I'd say that's been done quite well in this instance. Glenn Sacks had to call off the campaign because they couldn't find any stores that were still carying the shirts! I'd hardly call that a failure.

Anyway, please reveal to us your master plan for righting all the wrongs for men and fathers in the family court system and society at large. We're dyin' to hear it. I mean, you've got all the answers, we're just humble drones waiting to hear the wisdom spouting from your, umm, lips.

Brent

>I brought in $250K last weeK, too! And the week before?
>I brought in $179K.

That's nothing. I made 350 bazillion last week, and this week I expect to break 234,823,462,374 quadrillion! Having my merchandise banned from all my retailers was the best thing that ever happened to me!  Really! I swear it! Honest!!

lololol

Peanutsdad

I've designed a new teeshirt folks!!!

My son told me girls in his school were wearing the throw rocks at boys teeshirts,, so I had one made that says,, "Girls if you throw rocks at me, I'll beat you senseless with a 2by4".

Now,, how long do you think the school will let him wear it? Think I'll get a call from the school?

DD,

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, a woman caused a national outrage AND change by doing a very little thing,,, books have been written about it, movies made about it,, uncountable hours of court time has been devoted to it.

She refused to sit in the back of a bus. It was such a little thing. So inconsequential, yet, it galvanized a nation.

If you are so experienced in dealing with PAC's and federal lawsuit courts, why havent you turned that experience toward these issues that NCP's face?

Personally, I am in awe that a internet grassroots movement was able to garner the momentum and clout to effect a change on a company that was out to simply make bucks on any offensive message they could.
Their bottom line was without doubt hurt by the loss of 3500 stores pulling their product off the shelves.

BTW folks, we'll see how long my son can wear that teeshirt at school.