Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:42:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How to get Info...A good PI?

Started by Berkley, Apr 28, 2005, 07:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkley

Reading a lot of messages posted, I have noted that people have inside information about Xs and significant others.  How are you all getting this info?

I am about to start a custody evaluation but fear that the evaluator will not do enough research to find out what is really going on with BM and SF.

Specifically I think that one or both may have a criminal record and DUIs.  Is there anyway for me to get this info (it looks to me that in California if you want to access someone's driving record they notify the person the name of the person accessing the record-something I would rather not have them know)?

Lastly, does anyone have contact information for a really good private investigator....I'd be willing to pay, if necessary, for good information.

patton

I was going to leave you a PM but you don't have a link for some reason.

There are places to go to get this information and it costs a little bit. Or a lot of it is just public data that you can get for free.  You just have to know where to look.

If there are police records and the cases are NOT pending you can get copies by requesting them.  There is a law that lets you do this.

onedaddy

Warm up your fingers...

I am involved in a custody battle almost 2 years in the making.  We've been to GAL's, forensics evaluators and now a court appointed CSW parenting session.

The internet has everything you need.  Most for free. Weve dug up more dirt than we could have ever imagined.

We also supplied everyone with a thorough, specific, factual chronology.  No he said, she said stuff.

We supplied our evaluator with phone records, phone logs, DMV records, hospital records, prison records, arrest records, house records, bankruptcy records, tape recordings, video etc., etc., etc., and most for free.

Start with searchsystems.net
run free public records searchs
PI websitessearches  
try background check gateway to find out how to order

most states have a website for court info, that will at least track recent arrests pending trials.  They're websites for federal and state prison.

And keep searching.

Good luck

T0052SC

I was involed in a custody batle for a little over a year.  I can relate with your fear of an eval because the GAL that preformed the eval on my ex did no research.  I even supplied him with video, pictures, documents, and witnesses.  He just didn't look at it and openly admitted to it.

If you suspect criminal records there are websites you can get the info from pluss you can go to te public records.  Some websites are;
http://ndpro.netdetective.net/
http://www.publicdata.com/
http://www.switchboard.com/
The last one will locate the person using Name, address, or Phone.  Once you have located them you can preform a background check.  All these sites cost money so just becareful.

If you need a good PI I do know one.  It is a woman which I have found works the best because no one suspects a woman as a PI.  Plus at lease in my case she was more credible because she wasn't looked at as a dirty old man that is spying, she was looked at as a concerned woman about childrens wellfair.  She is a retired cop and is licenced and bonded.  If you want more info you can e-mail me off this website.

Bolivar

Berkely, sorry I can't help.  But if you don't mind I would like to tag along on this post.

Does anyone know of a good PI in OHIO.

Thanks

onedaddy

try //www.spiesonline.net, they have links to some goos free searches and they have directories of legit PI's.  This site can lead to you some interesting info.

Lawmoe

A good PI depends on what you need them for.  In a diorce. crimoinal and driving records are accessible through the discovery process without a PI. you should use that and save on costs. Serve formalize discovery (interogatories and document requests and releases of information).  For more information on discovery vist http://www.divorceinstitute.com

MYSONSDAD

For anyone looking at hiring a PI, make sure they are willing to testify in court, if not, their written report can be thrown out as hearsay....

"Children Learn what they live"

MYSONSDAD

I have gone the internet route and have found little. Do you have some other websites to share?

"Children learn what they live"