Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:40:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody case please help-ProBono help needed also

Started by jimmy, May 12, 2005, 02:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy

I am part of an on-going custody case.
I am the Residentional Parent but I let my daughter sleep at her Mom's house.
I have been working nights for some time and just went to the day shift.
Last court date(which was in 2003) the judge worked out a plan so I would have
full custody if I went to the Day shift or had a live in girlfriend or wife.
Welll I have both now!
But the Mother lost her job and I am assumeing she has gone for Public aid.
Now she is going after me for Child Support. I cannot afford any of this at the present time.
I was hoping someone can Help me out by refering me to a Free legal service to help me get Full custody and end all of this battle.
I cannot afford the Lawyer I had for this case in the past and I am sure she would not help me with the costs.
Can any one point me in the right direction....I have tried almost every avenue and every pro-bono legal foundations in my county..
Please help my court date is June 13th

jopanate

Most state bars have a pro bono service you can apply for.  Another option is to go to a local law school (if there's one around) where they will have some third year law students helping out people in your situation.  The third option is if it gets to the court date and you still do not have a lawyer, explain the situation to the judge and ask for a continuance.  You will need to go in prepaired though in case he refuses.  Take in the original decree that shows the agreement for you to have custody and bring in something from work that shows you are now on first shift.  I AM NOT A LAWYER, THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE!  This is just the best common sense advice I can give.  This is a great forum here.  There are a lot of people who are willing to help with ideas, and we aren't emotionally involved (in your case anyway).