Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 04:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Desperate for help!!!

Started by baldarmyguy78, Oct 26, 2008, 07:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldarmyguy78

I am a father of two beautiful girls that I haven't seen in about five years.  Their mother (my ex-wife) lives in Pennsylvania and I live in Missouri.  I have not been with my girls since Christmas of 2003 because my ex has decided to cut off all communication with them.  She tells everyone that I have not made any attempts to see or talk to them, send presents, cards, etc.......which after about August of 2004 is true.  True because the last time I tried to go see them, she had her boyfriend carry my oldest one outside just within sight of me and not a bit closer.  She got a smile on her face when she saw me.  He then whispered in her ear, and she looked at me and said, "Todd is my daddy....I don't know who you are."  Needless to say I was quite infuriated and upset.  He proceeded to place her back in the house and come back to bully me into never being heard from again......saying that he is their new daddy.

Since then, I have been denied all contact while at the same time being raped for child support.  That may sound like an objectionable way to word it, but I assure you it's the most proper.  There is no child custody agreement, unless like everything else, it was put in place without my say.  The one time I spoke to a judge, he literally told me that he would not hear anything I had to say unless I had an attorney....even after I had mentioned that it was my right not to have one.  No one will listen to me, but because of everything I can't even think to afford an attorney.  

Now, I have a new wife and a child in Missouri.  Missouri has just recently taken over enforcement of child support for the order in place in PA.  Though I am forced to pay child support, I can't hardly afford to pay the entire thing.  It is destined that Missouri will come down on me and face me with felony charges.  Imagine that.......a father who wants everything to do with his kids being completely denied, harassed, ignored, then convicted of a felony for not being able to afford it all.  I need help ASAP!!!  

FatherTime

For starters,

I would request a child support hearing to adjust your child support order in PA.  You need to make sure that the amount that they are extracting from you is the correct amount and not an undue burden on you and your family.  This is a fairly easy process because when it comes to the money part, the system works quite quickly.  You can appear telephonically, but you need to get the forms to input your current fiscal environment.

You should never let the step-father influence your contact with your children.  A court would make sure and let him know to stay out of the matter.  

You need to keep a diary of your attempts to enforce any kind of visitation, record all contacts.  This is important and every time I tell someone in my hometown about this diary, they never do it.  Do this.  Keep the diary to record all contact.

The state of jurisdiction, I am assuming PA, allows you to petition for parenting time.  You will need to make a trip there, maybe several.  But, if a judge said that he would not talk to you without an attorney, then that judge needs to be turned in to the ethics board.  If you have the date and time, there may be court transcripts where he states what you claim he said.  So get that proof if you are going to fight that battle.  I would not, I would only focus on establishing parenting time.

Child support and Child custody are two separate issues.  One is your love and the other is their love.  Don't get them confused.  

Don't give up.

It's...
FatherTime

anpdaddy1013

fill out the form to lower you child support. my ex is trying like heck to eliminate me from my daughter's life just because she (the ex) doesn't like my wife and feels threatened by her bc she knows how to be a good mother.