Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support Help.

Started by xtrace, Dec 23, 2008, 02:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtrace

O.K. I just found out today that my exgirlfriend is pursuing my for child support. They have not served me yet, but I got something in the mail that said
they were investigating my wages that listed where I worked for the reason of child support.

Now she feals bad and wants to drop the case. Can she.

I watch our daughter almost half the time. She claimed that I only watch her 30 percent. I also pay her medical for 75 dollars a month that comes out of my check.
She makes about 400 dollars more a month than me. She has 2 jobs. One is a pizza delivery job and she makes tips that she did not claim.

How do I show the court prof of her tips. Also How do I show prof of the time I spend with my daughter. If her mom keeps a journal and I do, what if the times are wrong
and she is lieing. How can I prof that.

ocean

yes, she can drop it...but you should get something in writing ..even if it is a little amount that you both agree.
Each state is different and goes by how much you make. MY state for one child is 17%...you "may" get credit for healthcare or she may have to split that with you...same with daycare. Both of these are addition to child support.

tclouser

She can drop the case at any time.  You will never prove her tips....just went through the same thing with my SS BM...she's a waitress!!  Good luck there...nothing to prove other then tax return and pay stubs.  As far as the journal, keep excellent records, dates, times, locations, people.....even take pictures if that's what it takes.  I also agree that you should get something in writing....my fiance paid BM support out of the courts for three years...she got upset with him and took him to court...none of it matter other then what he paid her the month she filed.  If you can keep it civil great, but if not you are taking your chances giving her anything.
QuoteRealize what's important in your life, what you can live with, but more importantly what you can't live without!

anpdaddy1013

i don't know if she can. depends on your state. keep EVERY receipt you have for what you buy for your child, no matter how much it costs. good luck!!