Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BM agreed in custody mediation and now doesn't

Started by tclouser, Dec 23, 2008, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tclouser

BM agreed to the custody arrangement my fiance proposed without batting an eye...it gives them 50/50 custody.  Is almost what it was...fiance was about 4 overnights shy a month of 50/50 due to BM not allowing them.  About 3 hours later, after everyone had signed off on it and left, she decided to change her mind.  My fiance tried to work with her by adjusting pick up and drop off times (our attorney said to absolutely not give up any overnights) so she could spend more time with her son.  She begged the first day and then got nasty the next.  Has upset SS by saying things to him that shouldn't have been brought up.  He's only 3 and would adjust quite fine, but she was hystarical and told SS all about it.  I guess my biggest concern is that if she takes us back what are our chances of losing the 50/50???  My fiances biggest worry is loosing time with his son!!!  He looked like he hit the lotto when he walked out of the mediation!!!  We are willing to pay what ever support is needed, just want to keep 50/50.  Any advice????
QuoteRealize what's important in your life, what you can live with, but more importantly what you can't live without!

MixedBag

start reading your STATE's statutes to see what that says.

I can say that in AL, GA, and WV, if the two of them signed an agreement, it can then be turned into an order and she will be fighting the signed agreement. 

It states that for sure in AL and WV code.....and GA I learned in mediation class.

tclouser

I'm pretty sure that it will be a court ordered agreement now...if that matters.  Where can I find the statutes???  I'm assuming that it will be difficult to over turn something that was agreed on..just worried that we will loose the 50/50....no real reason I can think of that we shouldn't have it other then why ever she feels so.  We think it has a lot to do with support...she had us for $500 a month but agreed on $350, so she held the $150 over our heads...now it can only go to $400 with the 50/50 so she only has $50 to hold over us.  It's always been about her and what she wants...we are trying to make it more about the child but it is difficult when it's one sided.  I think with rules to follow that aren't her rules she has lost control and doesn't like it....all in all it has been about the control with her.  We have bent over backwards to keep her happy so we didn't lose out on time with the child.  Now she doesn't have a choice in any of it and has to abide by someone elses rules.  If anyone could help with where I could find the statutes that would be very helpfull...look on the computer for a lot but don't think I'm looking in the right places..keep coming to dead ends or sites that want money...which we are saving for our attorney incase anything else comes of this.
QuoteRealize what's important in your life, what you can live with, but more importantly what you can't live without!

MixedBag

without knowing your state, hard to help and point you to a specific spot.

keep looking and doing searches on the internet, you should be able to find your state's code for free.

like look for "Arizona Revised Statutes"  for Arizona.

tclouser

In PA and have been told it's a tough one...commonwealth...thanks tho I will try and see what I can come up with!!