Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 12:38:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WE WON!

Started by lookinnomore, Jun 01, 2005, 01:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookinnomore

Court was yesterday and dad won!  Judge saw no reason for a change of custody.

BM did get Joint custody, which only gives her access to school and medical records which we never had a problem with anyway.  She got set visitation which she didn't need she was able to see the boys whenever she wanted anyway.

So alls well that ends well.

I hear she is filling an appeal, does anyone know what that means? Does that mean a new trial? Is an appeal a guarantee or does she have to meet certain criteria to get one?

Thanks for your ears and kind words!

MixedBag

When filing an appeal, as the person filing, you have to argue that the judge went against the law -- not just that you didn't like his decision.

Congrats!

NoNicky

Congrats!  Don't sweat the appeal.  An appeal is harder to get than to actually just file a new motion for a change.  Mixed Bag explains that by saying what an appeal is.  

Now that you've won just don't get lax on the one thing everyone here will tell you.  Document, document, document!   I would say double that if there is an indication that there will be an appeal or a new motion.  We are in that stage of the process right now.  You have won and her power has slipped.  Now you need to think of her as an animal that is cornered.  She can and will use anything and everything at her disposal to fight back.  She may even try making things up so be sure you document!  LOL

NoNicky

For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

joni

lookinnomore

thanks for the advice, will NEVER stop documenting, I truely believe thats what saved us here.  I had been keeping track long before she ever filed for the change of circumstance.

She got Wednesday nights, we started them immediately instead of like the judge said in three weeks.  BM told BD today she can't make it next week. She who wanted them, can't manage to do it two weeks in a row GO FIGURE!

Thanks!

MYSONSDAD

"Children learn what they live"