Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alimony of $53,826 a week?

Started by Waylon, Dec 18, 2008, 10:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

Unbelievable. She wants $53,826 per week for doing....nothing.

How to spend $53,826 a week without really trying

The estranged wife of United Technologies Corp.'s chairman George David filed a document with the court that shows that she requires $53,000 a week to support her lifestyle. If you're curious to see how one person can spend that much money a week, here's the PDF of the court filing (http://www.courant.com/media/acrobat/2008-12/44011085.pdf).

Real estate accounts for a lot of it, including mortgage, maintenance fees, rent or other costs for a Park Avenue apartment, a Hamptons residence and several properties in Sweden.

But travel ($8,000), clothing ($4,500), hair and skin care ($1,000), dry cleaning ($650) and flowers ($600), among many other items, contribute to the total.

Dry cleaning does not include fur storage and cleaning ($45).

And that's when Douglas-David is cutting back.

"While recognizing that many of these expenses may seem high, most are lower than prior to the commencement of this case in August 2007," a footnote in her financial affidavit says.

Wife Of UTC's George David Has Expenses Of $53,000 A Week (http://www.courant.com/community/news/hfd/hc-david1218.artdec18,0,4768262.story)
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tigger

I wouldn't mind earning what her personal assistant earns.  Over 2000 a week.

That's the difference though.  I'd like to EARN it, not bleed it dry from someone else.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Kitty C.

The only hope is that the current economic problems eventually surface in the judicial branch.  Then maybe judges will realize that people must tighten their belts when times get tough, and can't be supported 'in the lifestyle they are accustomed to'.  That quote almost makes me gag every time I hear or read it!  Makes me want to *itch slap every woman who ever asks for it!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

kandieg

This might explain why United Technologies went out of business in my area...leaving over 400 people without jobs in our little town of 5000.  She made in one week the salary of 2 production workers for the year. 

This makes me SICK.

Giggles

To want what most people don't even make in a year??? Per WEEK??? Thats just absurd!!

Ummm folks...that's almost $2.8 MILLION a year....must of been some good....nevermind...hehehe 

Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

Waylon

Quote from: Giggles on Dec 22, 2008, 10:04:58 AM
To want what most people don't even make in a year??? Per WEEK??? Thats just absurd!
I agree; it's insane.

Quote from: Giggles on Dec 22, 2008, 10:04:58 AM
Ummm folks...that's almost $2.8 MILLION a year....must of been some good....nevermind...hehehe
I think the phrase you're looking for is, "able to suck a golf ball through 50 feet of garden hose".
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Giggles

I think the phrase you're looking for is, "able to suck a golf ball through 50 feet of garden hose".
[/quote]

She should be sucking SOMETHING....good gawd!!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

kandieg

Quote from: Giggles on Dec 22, 2008, 11:03:03 AM

She should be sucking SOMETHING....good gawd!!!

I read this to DH...he said he wonders what kind of deal she made with the judge and just what she is doing for him. 

gemini3

Quote from: kandieg on Dec 22, 2008, 10:00:40 AM
This might explain why United Technologies went out of business in my area...leaving over 400 people without jobs in our little town of 5000.  She made in one week the salary of 2 production workers for the year. 

This makes me SICK.

Thank you!

I don't care what she sucks, or how well.  I do care about the state of our economy, and that corporations and their CEO's are making millions while driving our country into the ground.  Her little list of expenses looks to me like a CEO's weekly expense report... golf, massage, private jet, car service, flowers, catering...

Where do you think she gets it from?  That's how those people live, and they don't see anything wrong with it.