Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I need some help

Started by Kbas211, Jan 17, 2009, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbas211

Hello my name is Dave. I was in the military and had a one night stand. Seven months later I get the phone call. I told her that everything was going to be alright. While I was out on deployment I had three seizures. I lost contact with her but had my mom let her know what was going on. When I got back to the U.S., her friend called me and told me that the baby might not be mine, because she was with another guy the week after me. I told the baby's mom that I wanted a DNA test. Ever since then she has been sending my family and I threating messages and emails.  Which I have kept. In one of these emails she wrote that her and the baby were hit by a drunk driver and the baby past on. In the same email she said I was never to contact here and that she was not going to contact me ever again. Well I just found out that she served me at my moms house. The problem is I don't live there anymore. I live in Ca. Where do I go from here. What shoud I do?? I also don't want her to have my address because of how she has contacted my parents with there address and phone numbers.

ocean

What did she serve you with? Child support? Custody?
You can not miss the court date...you can counter her that day with paternity testing, then once that is established, visitation and child support will be decided.
For the harassment, if she threatens you/family in any way, call the police and press charges. Let all phone calls go to voicemail and save all e-mails. You can ask for a restraining order with the police reports if it gets bad (your parents can do the same if she shows up there or phone calls start).
Good luck!

Kbas211

I live in Ca. She served me in PA. Thats the problem I have. Can I call the courts?? Let them know that I don't live there even if I could I don't have the money to fly back home.

Kbas211

I guess she served me with a DNA test or someting.

ocean

Have someone read the papers...it will say why you are being served. It does not matter where you live, you still have to come to court..(you may be able to do it on the phone BUT this is going to affect the rest of your life, You NEED to be there).

gemini3

Where does she live?  In PA?

Kbas211

Well that fine, I am ready to take responsiblity. Can I have someone represent me in court like a lawyer that I know form back home. I just had a siezure on Sat. I can't be flying anywhere. I can do the phone thing. I also would like to know what if my mother and I didn't talk. Then what, I would have a warrent out for my arest. Thats a bunch of crap.

Kbas211

My mom lives outside of Philly and the Baby mama lives in Florida.

ocean

You will need to hire a lawyer in Florida if that is where she filed (?).....
What did your mom say about what the papers say?
She could have just file for child support and that is it, so you really need to know what will be discussed that day. You can not just bring things up that day, you need to counter-file against her.

Kbas211

Well, She is saying that I abandoned her and the baby, and she wants medical coverage,and money. When in fact I have an email that states different. I have no money what the hell am I going to do. I can't hire an attonney in Florida. You know this is the type of stuff that makes the world a bad place. I can see why some dads go on the run. You know what I have to do is talk to an attonney out here before I do anything. The mother is not right in her head. what type of parent tells me that the baby died and that I'm not to contact her any more and then all of a sudden I'm supossed to appear in court all the way on the other side of the U.S. Rediculous!!!!!