Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

preventing a re-location

Started by mango, Jun 13, 2005, 01:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mango

Does anyone have any fancy wording to put into a parenting order to prevent a move away by the parents.

T0052SC

In my CO it Reads, "Parent in not allowed to move more than 45 mile from POINT BLANK... If parent does this move will forfit custodial time"

janM

This is taken from a sample Comprehensive Parenting Plan on this site:

Neither party shall change the residence of said children to a location outside the State of Indiana or one hundred (100) miles or more from the county in which the parties' children reside without the written consent of the parties filed with the Court in the above-captioned cause, or upon petition and notice filed pursuant to Ind. Code 31-1-11.5.21.1.

Apparently Indiana was used as an example, just use your state and see if there are statutes that apply, and the distance can be your choice too. You can specify within the county, or even within the school district.

flewwellin

Even the fanciest of words may not prevent the move if it's decided upon.  what I recommend is to save money and you'll be able to fight it then.  Yes have it in the parenting plan but you won't have a leg to stand on without a lawyer.  Trust me I know from experience.