Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 07:06:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother gave my son away with my permission

Started by Chico, Feb 02, 2009, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chico

My son mother and father has been planning to give my newborn son away for months before the birth.  They cut all contact with me and when he was born i got a call from her attorney stating she want me to consent to adoption.  I said no i will never o that and i want him.  Still i haven't seen him and he is over a month old.  She gave him up at birth anyway to  God knows who. i know the people who has him lost a baby and now some deal was made with my son.  What to do?  I don't know where she is or the baby?  If i do find where he is will i be kidnapping him if i take him?  I cant find her to accept the summons for my custody complaint!!!!!!

gemini3

You have to establish paternity before you can do anything else.

What state are you in?

jenkins9708

I have this same issue going on and i really want my daughter back i dindnt knw anything about whats was going on my childs mother told me the baby past away she was scared to tell me is there ANYBODY out there can give me advice PLEASE I WANT MY DAUGHTER BACK

MixedBag

Welcome!  First off -- you posted in a fairly old thread, and probably should have started a new one.

Secondly....I think you gotta establish that you are the father and figure out what paperwork to file to establish paternity.

At the same time, I'd be contacting the right office that handle death certificates in the COUNTY where Mom had the baby -- let's see if she's telling the truth.

I have no clue what paperwork needs to be done -- maybe the clerk can help you or you might be better off hiring an attorney.

Get mom served.

Then work through the system to get your answers.

Let's hope that something positive comes of this even if the answer isn't what you want to hear and there has been a death.  At least you'll have closure.

jenkins9708

Thanks for the info but the baby isnt dead she ouldnt hold it in any longer so she tld the truth and just so happen i stiil had time to anwser the summons and i did all that with family courts and its been bout three weeks and i still have heard anything nor has anyone called me, i went to legal service to see if i could get assist with the representing me but they denied me. No one was willing to take my case. Im a 44 year old man with five kids that i work hard for to take care of and yes me and BM was going through things but i was still going to be there for my kids. SHe is very emotional and left me and went to SC where she gave the baby up for adoption. I got there like two days after she had the aby but she had already been release so i couldnt found out anything i was taking her word on what happen to the baby. I standing behind her 100% because she needs help and she is doing all she can to get it but she said she felt like she had to go through with it because the adoption parents were doing so much for her and our three year old she didnt want to disappoint them at the end. All i need is advice on what to do next they want let me have a blood test they want even let me see a picture of my child and its suppose to be open adoption. No one will tell me anything on what i need to be doing or how i can found out when y hearing is and i cant afford 3500 upfront for a lawyer right now. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I MAY NEED TO DO ABOUT ALL THIS PLEASE I WANT MY BABY GIRL BACK WHERE SHE BELONGS.

sillystring

Call a lawyer - a lot of them will give you a free consultation. You don't have a lot of time so you need to do it ASAP.