Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obtaining visitation

Started by mjw68, Feb 09, 2009, 05:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjw68

I had a verbal agreement with my ex, about 2 years ago, that i would see my 3 children for over night visitation every other weekend, about a year and a half ago she chose to stop allowing me to see them or even phone them. She sent the houseing athority to my apartment and they decided it was to small for me to have the three of them stay. Since then i have found a larger and nice apartment in a great town, and i have purchased a new car, so she couldn't claim i would be unsafe to drive them around. Now i want to go to court and ask for visitation, however i cannot afford an attorney and am scared of representing myself. I am also concerned that some odd way she may be able to try and say with all the new things i have, i must make a lot of money, and demand more child support, I pay my child support and work 73 hours a week just so i can afford these nicer things in an effort to see my kids. Can anyone give me advice? Do i have a shot in court without a lawyer? can she try and take my things away? IM scared, i haven't seen or spoken with my kids in a year and i just miss them. Please help.