Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting ex imputed correctly... (help)

Started by superdad01, Feb 10, 2009, 08:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Ok, so my ex finally has or had a job as a registered nurse.

I used salary.com and have an idea of what she makes I guess.  ( lol anything is better then $5.50/hr.)

I don't believe she has worked her new job an entire year. Will they be basing her income off what she made for the year or her hourly wage for 40 hrs a week for the year. Excluding any overtime and or bonuses she would be getting?

I know GUYS who say they impute their w-2's which would include any overtime money in their as well so It kinda confuses me on how they will do it.

Question is how do I get her imputed correctly.

I believe she would make attempts to hide her income best as she can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gam

Just depends with FOC, I have seen them do it both ways. They can base it from year to date, using her last pay stub and then figure out what the yearly will be. Or they can base it using her hourly wage, x 40 hours a week, and then get her yearly. Basically it will come out the same, unless she is doing any overtime, that would be missed using her hourly wage. Most often they use the last pay stub, with the total amount earned so far, and figure out her weekly income, then x's that by 52 weeks.

They won't be using a w-2 this time, since she has just started working, and there is no full year of work to go from. However you can have this reviewed in a year, after she has a full year of work. Request that she be required to bring both her w-2 and her income taxes, attach this to your request for a review. This can be done directly with FOC, instead of filing through the court, will cost you nothing through FOC, will cost going directly through court filing fees.

A RN in Mi, starts out anywhere between 20 and 25 an hour. Average is 23 for a decent size hospital. Something to remember about medical, if they work afternoons or midnights, they receive shift diff, which can add a bit to the total income, and they receive this both as full time and part time employees. Some also receive weekend shift diff.

Once you get this in court, then if she up and quits, they can and should, impute her with the RN wages.

Kitty C.

If I remember correctly, you're from Iowa, right?  If so, then you do NOT have to include overtime unless it is mandatory.  That's state law.  So if you are dealing with the IA courts, you can't include it........BUT if she's working at a hospital (compared to a doctor's office), they often require mandatory OT because so many are short handed.

Hope this helps........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

superdad01

Nope I'm in Michigan.  From what I know she was working at the hospital in the er, but she QUIT when they changed her schedule. So she has earned that wage.....Whatever it was. I also have emails from her obtained through scandalous means proving she held that job and she quit.  I'm concerned with her not bringing proper paperwork to court and he just lying once again saying she never worked their or whatever.

So since she quit, she said she is working at a temporary nursing agency... I guess she just works when needed opposed to being a regular employee.  That wage could either be higher or lower then what she was previously making in the ER , so I just want to have all my ducks in a row before I get into it again.

Kitty C.

Working prn with a nursing agency can often bring in much more money than working directly for a hospital.  Plus some agencies will let you decide how much or how little you want to work.  WIth nursing in such high demand, anyone in the industry can just about call their own shots, so I'm not surprised that she's now working for an agency instead of a hospital.

I hope you realize that the e-mails you've obtained won't do you any good unless you can get her to 'confess' to what she's been working and earning and that she quit the previous job.  But there's nothing wrong with inquiring at various nursing agencies to find out what they pay and what the average hours are.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

Do you know which agency she works for? You can supenea them to come to court and they will bring W2 or recent paystub...
If you don't know where she works, you could hire a PI to find out?....
At the hearing she is required to bring recent w2's and last year taxes so if she says she is not working...ask if she filed taxes, if so from what jobs?
Do you claim kids on taxes (since she does not work, you should be allowed too).