Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:36:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Two success stories.....when there's a WILL, there's a way

Started by MixedBag, Feb 17, 2009, 10:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

Just wanna pop on and give some parents hope.

I can share two success stories -- and yes, I had a hand in making them happen.

The first is a dad with a young baby girl.  He and Mom share everything right down the middle and particularly TIME.
Their daughter is with dad every WED/THU, and Mom every MON/TUE, and then then alternate Fri/Sat/Sun.

The second is a mom and dad with two young kids (a boy and girl) both under 5.  Their schedules for work are so screwed up and changes all the time, that setting a schedule makes no real sense.  But they did and it's 50/50 as well, BUT they don't follow it hardly at all -- and that seems to be working.  Each gives the other right of first refusal whenever they go to work and THEN use a babysitter if at all necessary.  They are actually working fairly opposite schedules (Morning and afternoon shifts), so the kids might see both parents every day.  Mom made the comment to me that they're getting along better NOW than when they were married.  I'm thinking "Whew!"

Both sets of parents put those young kids FIRST and neither exchanges Child Support.

Took a bit of coaching to get them to stop and figure out what's most important, and so far so good.

So there IS hope!

janM

[email protected]

Sounds like two responsible adults!  It's all about the children.

MixedBag

and what's nice is that it KEEPS being about the children.

Beatupdad

Hello all, It is good to see a good ending to a couple of these horror stories I keep reading about and hearing about...Sure wish my ex would work with me and think about the kids instead of herself for a change
Thanks for sharing it I sure am glad at least two couples kids aint gotta go thru what mine are being forced thru right now...
Ron