Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need some quick advise ... Please reply

Started by superdad01, Feb 18, 2009, 06:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsha

Well, I am a bit lost as to you not getting more time the last time you were out of work, or not working much.  I know every state is diff.  I am in CA, and my ex (the dad) took me back to court tons of time, each time he would get more time with child...CA is very 50/50 oriented.  So you not getting that privaledge is confusing to me.

Insofar as childsupport, I am no expert there either and I don't know how the unemployment status would look...again, here child support is handled completely separately, a diff motion has to be filed, its in a diff court room, etc....completely separate from any custody and visitation issues.  So I get your concerns, as your case has become complex with all the changes up and down in your employment, income, etc.

I DO know, again here in CA, that my ex in child support court requested I be imputed full-time income which the judge was only too willing to grant.  Here, you could request around child support that mom be imputed a full time wage at her job as an RN.  If she is not currently working you can request that she complete a job search, in which she has a certain period of time to seek jobs and prove that no one is hiring her to get off. 

So I guess your back to square A as to when to file, now, or when this job is finished.

MixedBag

Marsha,

if I remember correctly, they have a CA order, but both of them moved to Oregon and never registered the order.

And the move happened several years ago.

Davy

[HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff]MB,
[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#1f497d][HIGHLIGHT=#c0504d][HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff]Your reference was for another case.[/HIGHLIGHT][/HIGHLIGHT][/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#1f497d][HIGHLIGHT=#c0504d]
[HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff]More importantly, failure to register orders in another state DOES NOT DEFEAT the jurispurdence of a clearly jurisdictional forum.[/HIGHLIGHT]
[/HIGHLIGHT][/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#1f497d][HIGHLIGHT=#c0504d]
[HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff]Think about it !!  [/HIGHLIGHT][/HIGHLIGHT][/HIGHLIGHT]