Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 07:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need some help here....

Started by smtotwo, Jun 29, 2005, 06:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

Before everyone gets upset with me, please remember that I've been
here for 5 yrs, and have a really good relationship with my kids' dad.

Now to the UGLY part.  My daughter and b/f never married, but live together and were awarded joint custody of my grandson. If they separate custody would be 50/50.that was 2 yrs ago.

They have since moved from WI to PA and are having serious problems.
D would like to move back to WI.  B/F doesn't have a job, she works 2 jobs, and she found out that he is IM-ing a woman and having phone sex, He claims they have never met and tells her she's crazy and overreacting. But he won't let her read any of the IM's or text messages.

Her concern is how to handle the custody issue if/when she moves.  Does WI still have jurisdiction?  Or would she have to do something in PA?  He's a good Dad for the most part but I'm looking for some neutral advice as I'm alittle biased when it comes to my baby girl and he did leave her for a short time when he found out she was pregnant and lived   with another woman he met over the internet.  I honestly believe ,
even in all my bias that she should be upset and he is doing something wrong even if he hasnt actually had contact with her.

I thought it would still lie with WI because they never transfered the custody order. But what to do if he wants to stay in PA and she comes back?

Any advice or help would be appreciated.  
Thanks everybody !!!

4honor

and an order is in place, unless one or the other files in PA then WI will retain jurisdiction. However, the minute she moves he will likely file in PA and then it is a crap shoot.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.