Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do we protect ourselves?

Started by onedaddy, Jul 01, 2005, 04:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onedaddy

We were awarded temporary custody on Tuesday.  At the end of the day, the Judge said the children will reside with their father until the end of the trial.  We never received a signed order.  Our lawyer is out of the country and asked the GAL to send us a copy.  I called her and she did not receive one either.  Her office faxed a request to the judge.

There is a previous signed order that states BM has the kids as of the eve of 7/4 for her summer vacation.  We realize this no longer applies but we are afraid BM will tell the police we kidnapped the children and DH will sit in jail until everyone can be contacted.  She is very mad and has done other just as horrible things in the past.

Any advice, on how to protect ourselves from this possibly nightmare?

wendl

Go down to the court house and get a copy of the transcript from the hearing that day and keep it with you until you receive the orders in hand.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Sunshine1

Don't answer the door or go to a hotel this weekend, or just don't be home for the 4th.  Shut cellphones off, etc...  go enjoy the holiday!!

The judge obviously has a plan.  Let her call the cops..wouldn't that just put the icing on the cake for the judge on Tuesday?

onedaddy

I agree, Sunshine.

That'd be all the Judge needs to hear!  We received Order in the mail on Friday late afterniiin.

I'm sure she'll give us another reason to nail her before the trial's over.  

wendl

Glad you go the paperwork.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**