Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Has My Civil liberties Been Violated????

Started by GaDADMissingKids, Mar 14, 2009, 01:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaDADMissingKids

I was calling the local school to get them to complie with my formal request Under FEPRA ACT.They said they would not give me any info under it cause they have no clue who i am since i do not liver in the state of GA anymore.However i call Ga attorney genral office and they stated that they can be able to assit me if i can get copy of a temp custody aggrement and all papers.However i choose to call local courthouse to see how much i am going to have to pay for copy's and the COC stated that there was family violence RO and a admendment order signed on 7/12/07 .I ask her about it and she said that on August a judge had check a wrong box granted me and my sep wife share custody and on the 12 of sept.He made the admendment to the order and granted her temp custody

My question is was my civil rights violated and all.And the courts said to me that they cannot tell if there was a letter sent to me at all.And i did not recieve and Register mail  when i live in GA.

So what can be done to make the courts reinstate the orginal order and all.

Thanks

Chris

MixedBag

Let me see if I can answer since I see it's been read several times and no one has responded.

You have several issues in your post that can be resolved several different ways.

School:  Send them a copy of your driver's license with picture, a copy of the current order, and then ask for your child's information.  Send it via traceable method and set a reasonable suspense (like 30 days).  The follow it "up their chain of command" (yes, retired military here), until you get an answer.

Courts:  Family court is on the civil court side of the house vs. criminal side.

Are you two still separated or finally divorced or what?

you mentioned that this stuff happened in '07?  like 18 months ago?

GaDADMissingKids

As for the school idea.I will give that a try.However i forgot tot add i have spoke to the school principal and the school superintendent and even offer to come to meet him in person and show copy's of BC copy of SS Cards and even copy of any visit agreements and all.he then stated that if my WIFE still says no there is nothing he can do.It look like i would then have to get a lawyer and it could have to go ga highest court just to get access to there info..

Courts:  Family court is on the civil court side of the house vs. criminal side.

Are you two still separated or finally divorced or what?

Answer: we are still separated,howeve i would like a divorce but she is not wantiong to agree on anything at all.She is now claiming abuse and that she wants the kidss 100% and for me to pay child suupport and stay out of there lifes.She also now claims that a 6 & 7 are saying they do not eant to speak to me cause "DADDY HAS HURT THEM "when ask if i can speak to them to ask them how i hurt them.SHE says no are they are asleep and she not going to force them to speak to me

you mentioned that this stuff happened in '07?  like 18 months ago?

Yea the RO was issue in July 22 of 07 and the admendment was sign by a judge in Sept Of 07 .However i never recieved a letter are registerd maill saying that there was amendement being sign are anything form a postal worker.So i wamn trying to fiqure how in the HELL was they able to pull this off with being able to fight it are go to court to say i am against her having temp custody of the kids.And i would have said that cause i knew she would pull the shit she is pulling now with the school and visits and everything

MixedBag

o.k., follow the school stuff up the chain of command.

do you have any parenting time with the kids even under the temporary arrangement which is quite old?

sounds to me like you need a real attorney to sort out your situation.

GaDADMissingKids

Quote from: MixedBag on Mar 15, 2009, 06:49:52 PM
o.k., follow the school stuff up the chain of command.

do you have any parenting time with the kids even under the temporary arrangement which is quite old?

sounds to me like you need a real attorney to sort out your situation.

i plan on doing that with the school.

As for parenting plan.Yes  i am suppose to get them the 1 and third weekends of every moths and 2 weeks for the summer and she get them for 2 weeks and then i get them and we rotate on thanksgiving and Christmas and all

Yea i been told that alot

MixedBag

So between the two threads (one in Soc's section), you live in NY, not GA.

Seems like you need an attorney who is more aggressive.

Do you have one?

GaDADMissingKids

Quote from: MixedBag on Mar 16, 2009, 05:24:36 AM
So between the two threads (one in Soc's section), you live in NY, not GA.

Seems like you need an attorney who is more aggressive.

Do you have one?

No i do not have a  lawyer at all.And all lawyers in ga are quoting 2500 to 3999 for them to accept this case.When i ask why so much and all.They say it is nature of  the case and that it  is a standard fee everyone normally charges

trystero

I'd like to toss in a couple of things too....

A)  hang in there.  Look you got handed a bag of $#(*.

B)  do you have birth certificates for the child(ren) in question?  If no, it may be good to get one.  Request to the state records dept where they were born, give them you name and SSN for verification and probably pay $10 for notarized copies.  Will help you possibly with the school in convincing them you're the dad and therefore have the right to their records, etc.  There is no HIPPA equivilent for schools.  Push too hard and you'll probably wind up with the School Districts Attorney responding.  Might also try sending your plight (in a nice way) to some of the local news stations.  These things are sometimes run as public interest pieces where you say there's nothing legally binding or preventing your access to the records, etc.....

C) Lawyer up for sorting out the RO.  Its possible if she filed ex parte and said that she didn't know where you were or where you lived, the courts just went along with it.  I have no experience with that (thankfully).

Good luck!

GaDADMissingKids

Quote from: trystero on Mar 23, 2009, 01:11:53 PM
I'd like to toss in a couple of things too....

A)  hang in there.  Look you got handed a bag of $#(*.

B)  do you have birth certificates for the child(ren) in question?  If no, it may be good to get one.  Request to the state records dept where they were born, give them you name and SSN for verification and probably pay $10 for notarized copies.  Will help you possibly with the school in convincing them you're the dad and therefore have the right to their records, etc.  There is no HIPPA equivilent for schools.  Push too hard and you'll probably wind up with the School Districts Attorney responding.  Might also try sending your plight (in a nice way) to some of the local news stations.  These things are sometimes run as public interest pieces where you say there's nothing legally binding or preventing your access to the records, etc.....

C) Lawyer up for sorting out the RO.  Its possible if she filed ex parte and said that she didn't know where you were or where you lived, the courts just went along with it.  I have no experience with that (thankfully).

Good luck!

I will try the news option as well.Thanks for the tip and all.

As for the Bc and getting them for  the school to prove i am there father.The school superintendent stated to  me that even if i could show prove that i am the Bio Dad.If my wife signs her self as legal guardian then there is nothing they can do.They even claim that it might have to go before Supreme court before i can get this info...

C) As for the c option.Oh she did the Whole RO so she could get the kids.Cause her own words was cause a judge and a police officer said so to get one.Since they cannot assit her with gettting teh kids unless a judges signs a order and all.Hell i even had a cop tell me before it was serve that there could be a chance one is being issue and was recording the whole conversatation and all