Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:12:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

help

Started by skye, Jul 22, 2005, 07:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skye

explain what this means:

" Father shall have primary physical custody with Mother enjoying supervised visitation with no overnights as follows:"

is this joint custody?

Mom says yes...

4honor

Not necessarily.

There isn't enough there to determine. State statute would give further clues. Is tehre a presumption of joint legal custody?

The wording makes it clear that there is no joint physical.

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

flewwellin

actually it does sound like that it is.  Because he has "primary" physical custody.  that would leave her with secondary PHYSICAL custody.  Doesn't mean she has any right to decide stuff for and about the child.  Doesn't clearly state she has joint legal custody.  Then again it's not too clear about what type of custody.  Maybe she just has visitation....Ask Socrateaser to be sure.

BestMom

no this is partial physical custody.  your parents probably have joint LEGAL custody but your father has full physical custody with her being able to visit.  Legal custody means the parents have equal say in medical, school, religion, and other major decisions in your life.  but physical custody is where the child remains to live and spend time physically.  Your mother is evidently not allowed to remove you from the premesis at this time and has to have someone there while the visitation is occuring.

skye

not my parents my DH and his ex ..however thank you ...

nana in nm

not where I live.  You have Primary Physical Custody, Mom only
has supervised visitation.   Which I assumed was granted because
Mom isn't fit to care for the child/children.   Best bet contact your
attorney & make sure this is the case.