Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 11:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Im 20 yrs. old have a 6mth old Baby looking for help on how to get custody

Started by Joshua r Rodriguez, Mar 25, 2009, 02:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua r Rodriguez

Im 20 yrs old i have a 6 month old beautiful daughter she lives with her mom and grandparents in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I currently live in Las Cruces, New Mexico. My daughter is with her mom for like amonth and then i get her for a week i hate not being with my daughter cause she is the only thing i have that makes me happy!! Just looking for advice on how to go about  getting custody of her i miss her so much!!!!

Katies_Dad

I totally understand how you *Feel* when you're with your daughter, but the real question is what is in your daughter's best interests?

I've been on both sides of the coin, I have two children, my daughter is three, and her mom suffered from terrible post-partum, leaving me as the primary caregiver, when we split up, I made a bid for custody, and was successful.

I also have a son, who is turning a year next month, I've also split from his mom, however, I made no play for custody of him, not because I don't love being with him, or because I'm not capable of caring for him, the reality is, for him, his mom takes superb care of him, and it's not in his best interests to live with me... Your best option, based on what you've said here, combined with my road-tested experience is to learn to work in a co-operative manner with your daughter's mom, this will allow for the best environment for your child, while still providing you with what you need in that relationship as well.

Bottom line is, you need to put your personal feelings aside and figure out what is in your daughter's best interests.