Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 05:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

medical reimbursement help

Started by fishermen, Mar 25, 2009, 06:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishermen

Has anyone had any experience with ex-wife or spouse all of a sudden hitting you with medical bills.  My ex-wife served me with about 5 years worth of medical bills all at once.  I did not know about these until now.  In our divorce papers, it says she has 10 days to notify me, and I have 30 to reply/respond.  The question is, am I still liable for half of these bills?  By the way, I'm in Texas and new to this site.

tigger

She had 10 days to notify.  She failed to comply with the court order.  You can't very well comply and pay in 30 days a cost of which you know nothing about.  I'm no lawyer but I'd say no, you are not liable for anything that's over 10 days old.  In responding to her, say something like:

Dear ex:

I have received your request for my share of the unreimbursed medical expenses.  On page # of our court order, it states "(quote it here)".  In complying with the order, I am enclosing my $7.50 for my share of the $15.00 copay on 3/17/09.  The rest of the amounts are out of compliance as they were not submitted in a timely manner.

Kindest Regards,
fishermen
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

MixedBag

I'm with tigger particularly since you have additional guidance in your order that sets time limits.

THAT saved you.

Well, I hope it saves you in court.

Good luck!