Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 04:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Very Looooong battle

Started by MyPrideandJoy, Jul 25, 2005, 12:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyPrideandJoy

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me or not. I haven't posted in probably a year or more. A quick refresher...hubby and I were in a long 10 year battle with the ex to get custody of his kids. She left the country, hid the kids, abused them, did drugs with them....and the list goes on.

Well, we finally got custody of them 2 years ago when they came for a summer visit. The Juvenile courts found BM to be guilty of neglect. So, another year goes by and she does not abide by the support/medical support order, so we take her to court. As soon as she is forced to pay support by the state she immediately signs away her parental rights.

As of 2 weeks ago, the girls have been officially adopted by me. The ex is no longer in our lives or the children's lives and everything has settled down and returned to normal. We even changed our phone number to an unlisted number because even after she signed away her rights, she would call and leave messages...."Mommy loves you and I hope you understand why I'm doing this; I still want you, give me a call back."

So, that too ended with the changing of our phone number. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know...Never give up! It will work out in the end!

Thanks for listening.

Zuntzu

It's great to hear a happy ending!

Thanks for sharing, as yea, it gets down around here sometimes.