Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

providing transportation for visitation

Started by indy63, Apr 01, 2009, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indy63

Ive seen a lot on the CP moving away. What about the NCP moving 80 miles away. Is the CP still responsible for providing transportation one way?

Kitty C.

It depends on what the parents agree on or what can be worked out in court.  If the parents don't agree, then one parent can petition the court to make a determination.  There can be contingencies as well, like if the NCP was forced to move away for a job, then it's possible the court may say the parents still have to share, but a lot will also depend on what has been working in the past.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

indy63

The NCP moved away to be with a man she met on the internet, not out of a necessity. NCP picked up child and returned child previously. Now NCP says CP is responsible to provide transportation one way. I dont see how that would be possible being NCP moved 2 counties away. Thank you for your response.

MomofTwo

If I were you, I would file a motion for modificaiton for the ncp to have to do the transportation since she is the one that created the distance.

MixedBag

not sure the law here is still the same, but in AL either party can move up to 100 miles.

And BOTH parties must notify the other if the distance is greater than that.

an idea...

because this falls under "pick and choose your battles"

IF Mom moved, and she used to do all the transportation -- tell her she set a precedence.

You may want to agree with her in writing to meet her half way, BUT if she moves away even further, then she will be responsible for it all.

Might make her think twice and get her to come home....well, back to the same town.