Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 03:01:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for Help

Started by DMann, Feb 24, 2004, 03:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMann

To all my friends and family, in case you haven't heard, Kathy (my ex-wife) is planning on moving to North Carolina for what she describes as  "an awesome opportunity".  She plans on taking the girls with her and there is little I can do about it.  I can fight it and potentially make it difficult on her, but she will more than likely win.  However, I can't just lie down without a fight, and here is where I run into my first problem......money.  I hate to do this, but I am DESPERATE, I am laying down my pride.  I would appreciate a loan from anybody for any amount.  I have talked to several lawyers and I'm looking at $1500 to get started and then $250 an hour.  It's a screwed up system, when I as their father, have to fight and pay huge costs just for a shot at staying in their lives.  My plan , if I can come up with the money, is to initially file a temporary restaining order (TRO) - preventing her from taking the girls out of the state until this is resolved in court.  Then, I will appeal any decesion in her favor all the way to the supreme court.  This will hopefully take a long time, which could create enough of a burden that she/they just may change their minds.  On another note the supreme court has sided on the side of the father in cases like this sighting that the move is simply not in the best interest of the children.  So anyway that is my plan, I can't live with myself if I don't try, but Jodi and I simply do not have that kind of money, as half of my wages already go for support.  If you feel inclined, forward this on to anyone you think would like to help, and again, at this point, I will try anything, even groveling.  

David and Jodi Mann
504 North Dukes Street
Peru, IN 46970

DMann

I'm not sure if this work but I'm going to try anyway.  Below is my email address and Home phone#.  I would be happy to talk to anyone who wants to talk and/or provide proof that this is a legtimant case.

[email protected]

765-473-3849

msme

First, let me say that you are preaching to the choir. No one here has any money. We are all in the same boat. I spent my life savings helping my son rescue his kids. I mortgaged my trailer & we will be in debt for what seems like forever.

Next, I suggest you read everything on this site about filing a TRO. You should be able to do that yourself. That should give you some time to raise money for a lawyer.

Good luck & God bless.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

DMann

Thanks, I will do that.... I feel for everyone enduring this kind of B.S.