Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How do I know if my spouse has retained the attorney I want?

Started by Ouroboros, Apr 17, 2009, 09:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouroboros

I am trying to contact a local attorney.  He will not return my calls.  I attribute this to being busy or a sign to look elsewhere.  My strange question would be: Does this mean that my spouse has already contacted him thus not returning my call.  How do I find out if he can or cannot serve me?

MixedBag

Serve you?

or

Represent you?

My initial instinct was to keep trying into at least next week with the phone calls because the week before Easter and the week after Easter are spring break from different school districts.

Just ask once you do get a hold of him.

Davy

Sweet and simple there is no way to know unless some one tells you.

Attorneys are a dime a dozen and even that is overstated.

Some attorneys will take your money and then you discover they were representing the opposing party.  You will not get your money back.

Evidentually these attorneys become judges.

If an attorney is not returning your inquiries that is usually an indicator you do not want them to represent you in a legal matter. 

POCKETSUNSHINE

I COMPLETELY AGREE, THEY ARE NOT CAPABLE OF TAKING ON YOUR CASE EVEN IF THE OTHER PARTY ONLY HAD A CONSULTATION, IT IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST. (AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD)

IF THEY ARE NOT RETURNING YOUR CALLS I WOULD ASSUME THAT THEY ARE NOT A GOOD FIT FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP IN YOUR LIFE, GAINING CUSTODY OF YOUR CHILD.

GOOD LUCK, REMEMBER TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Kitty C.

Pocketsunshine,

It would be greatly appreciated if you would use lower case script with regular capitalization in your posts.  Using all caps signifies yelling in cyberspace.

Just a word to the wise! 

Kitty C.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

superdad01

I actually had this happen to me... lol  I called the guy not knowing my ex had retained him. I explained the case to the point that he could put 2 and 2 togther... He then became very rude and let me know that he could not take my case... I still did not understand why, and he said something like figure it out... lol

janM

Pocketsunshine...you replied to a post that's 3 months old...

Hopefully he has an attorney now! :)