Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Court orders

Started by tyrensis22, Apr 23, 2009, 01:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrensis22

My husband has a house that he and his ex owned when they were married. His name is on the all the morgages but both their names are on the deed. The problem is that the court order the house to be sold and he has had the house on the market for over a year now. Of course with the the house market being the way it is, my husband was forced to take a short sale on the house. His ex wife has refused to corroperate in any with the sale of the house and we were forced to go back to court. At the time they went to court the value of the house was 204,000 and my husband was told that he would need to pay his ex 2,000 for her share of the equity in the house. Now there is no equity in the house and my husband is haveing to take a loss of 85,000 on the house. His ex is refuseing to sign any paper for the short sale till we pay her 2,000. Is there anything we can do to compell her to sign the papers? We do not have the money to pay her and the papers for the short sale say that the owners cannot recieve any money from the sale of the house. She has stated that if she does not get the money, she will not sign the papers and force the house into forclosure. We are lost as what to do and do not have time to go back to court which could take another six months.
Any suggestions would be great and sorry so long.

shaden3

Have you attempted mediation through your local community mediation center (If you've got one)? You can call the local family court and ask if they make referrals to such a center.
Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Thou shalt not be a victim. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.

tyrensis22

Neither party resides in the same state nor in the state the case was finalized in. The divorce was done in the state of Florida, the ex now lives in La, my husband is active duty, and we have relocated to a base in IL. Mediation has never worked in the pass. My husband and his ex cannot have a civil conversation and can only communicate through e-mail. He has had to file a restraining order against her in the past.

poohbear

Honestly, it would cost you more than the $2,000 to take it to court and have a judge order her to sign. Sometimes it's just not worth it to fight for principal.