Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I haven't seen my child in 6 months

Started by ww88dew, May 01, 2009, 01:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggles

When your son went to live with his father, was it through the courts or did you draw up your own agreement?  If it was filed through the courts, you need to read your copy carefully to see if it states:  Father has SOLE custody of child. 
This does not mean that you can't have visitation rights, it just means that the Father has the SOLE capability of deciding the best interests of the child. 
If your order states that the father has SOLE Physical and JOINT LEGAL...that's a WHOLE different story.  With having JOINT LEGAL, the father MUST include you in the decision making process for the child!!!

I do believe Ref is right...I would definately go and FILE for emergency custody because he DID NOT inform the state that he was moving, nor has he made arrangements for your visitation!

Hope this helps some!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

ww88dew

It was an agreement between us and his attorney drew up the papers.  The papers say that the parties agree that the father should be the " Primary Custodian" of the minor child with the mother having reasonable visitation and liberal phone contact.  If you ask me the order is very vague.  Any opinions on what that means.  I am sitting here waiting on a money gram to get to walmart so i can go pick it up and head my rear to carter county oklahoma which is 300 miles away to file these papers in the same court.  So i will take anyones opinions on what that means while i wait

Giggles

"Primary" is VERY different from "SOLE"!!

Get your butt to court now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also....once you get the temp order...come back here for suggestions on an enforceable order.  Liberal orders like yours are NOT enforceable!!

Good Luck!!!

Kitty C.

Also, with what you described as the current custody order, whatever passport they obtained for your son was illegal.  As long as you have parental rights, your signature must also be on the passport application.  One thing you need to demand is that passport application, to see who signed it and when.  That doesn't need to be right away, as the emergency hearing needs to be done asap, so that they (father & his family) cannot move forward without approval of the court.  But it is definitely something you need to have verified.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Giggles

Any Updates??

Here is a great website!!

http://travel.state.gov/family/family_1732.html (http://travel.state.gov/family/family_1732.html)