Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 02:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Emergency-visitation issue

Started by mdegol, May 02, 2009, 07:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdegol

I posted a little while ago about the father wanting me to pickup child from airport when we have no agreement to that.  We had settled about a month ago to a hotel lobby for pickup per our settlement.  Today, 1 hour ago, he picked child up from my husband (i am working today) and told him(me) that my pickup is at airport, like it or not. What do I do?

Kitty C.

There's an unspoken 'rule' that states 'He who wants, fetches.'  Given that you don't have any way at this time to change the current situation, you probably have no choice but to pick up your child at the airport.  But DOCUMENT everything.......you might even want to take video.  From what I remember of your case, this is a recurring problem with the father, so if you want to get this resolved in court, you will need the proof.

But if you don't pick up the child, you leave the father no choice but to take the child with him.  Do you want that?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......