Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 12:09:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How to know what to say and when to say it???

Started by trystero, May 05, 2009, 03:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trystero

Just thought I'd post for general thoughts/comments that we've all struggled with in those days/weeks leading up to a hearing.  I feel I have to be so closely guarded with what I know, or not wanting to reveal our strategy that perhaps often I come across as not having a plan at all?

Case in point.  This afternoon had call from children's counselor.  She appears to be PUSHING for additional parenting for my kids with their mother.  Mind you, I have not had 1 request from my ex or her lawyer for an expansion of their supervised visiting time.  Counselor appears to be more of an advocate for the ex- than the ex is or her attorney.

I have researched and now know how to file a complaint against the LCSW.  She has sent 2 letters to attorney's in my case that are both biased towards the mother's needs and completely omit details from conversations I've had with her.  She goes as far as to request that mother be given permission to attend kids school functions even after I have told her 2x that she can come to their end of year play, etc..

So part of me wants to go off on her, but I am hesitant to have her say in court that I'm hostile, or whatever.

Where's the line?  As a parent I certainly have a say, more of a say than she does.  But what to say....and when.....

DadsCrushed

I was in a similiar situation. Remain cool headed and demonstrate that you are the parent that is cooperating, and that would include the visitation at the school with the mother. Per the LCSW, most aren't worth a darn. Allow her to make sound scientific observations based on fact on emotions or adjectives. Yes, you can also have her removed but be careful because if she is not removed she could become hostile