Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Psych says that stepson is intimidated by men

Started by mshall, Apr 11, 2009, 06:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshall

Quote from: Kitty C. on Apr 18, 2009, 11:43:19 AM
Then the FIRST thing I'd be asking this guy (and I would ONLY do it face-to-face) is that, if the child is SO intimidated by men, why isn't he intimidated by the psychologist and if he is, how can the psychologist even know that's what the problem is.  I would think that if the chld was truely intimidated by men, he would hardly open up to the psychologist.

I still think this guy is full of crap and that there could very well be drug issues with the child.  If this guy wants to continue along this line of thinking, tell him that you want a second opinion to confirm his diagnosis.  If he balks, then he's hiding something.  And if you can get a drug test done on the child, I think that would be enlightening.  I would strongly recommend doing this with a hair follicle test, as that has the best results for long term use.  And getting hair is much simpler then obtaining any other sample.........

I think the guy is full of crap as well. I also think there's some personal connection b/t he and the mother for 2 reasons, (A) his office is around the corner from her work and 45 minutes from  home. She has to leave work, drive 45 minutes home to get son and then turn around and drive 45 minutes back to the appointment. I can guarantee there are psychologists in Boca Raton, where they live.  (B) He fought very hard in conversation with DH to say that mom's previous abusive relatonship has nothing to do with son's intimidation, and that she has done nothing wrong or illegal in any of this. How would he know whether she's done anything illegal or not? He's not an attorney, and he'd seen her at 2 sessions at the time of this conversation.

Nothing DH can do, short of legal action, will make the mother do anything --- never has, thus the reason for this motion to compel. We're hoping that the judge will go for second psych opinion with a female pediatric psych this time and drug testing (yes to follicle).

4honor

I would be looking for the BAD stuff about this guy instead of his website. Look for him named in a lawsuit and read it if you can. I bet that will gvie you alot more information on the guy.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.