Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Neurotic Men Improve the Health of Women, But Not Vice Versa

Started by Waylon, Apr 30, 2009, 05:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

Neurotic Men Improve the Health of Women, But Not Vice Versa

I'm not sure what to say except that this is excellent news for my wife.  

Psychological researchers have discovered that women gain a health benefit by living with neurotic men:

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Conscientiousness is a good thing in a mate, researchers report, not just because it's easier to live with someone who washes the dishes without being asked, but also because having a conscientious partner may actually be good for one's health. Their study, of adults over age 50, also found that women, but not men, get an added health benefit when paired with someone who is conscientious and neurotic.

This is the first large-scale analysis of what the authors call the "compensatory conscientiousness effect," the boost in health reported by those with conscientious spouses or romantic partners. The study appears this month in Psychological Science.

Full Article, via FuturePundit (http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/006164.html)
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

4honor

Interesting. But I could have told them that. Since my husband -- usually the SAHD -- is a little neurotic about "his house" being clean and orderly. And I know I benefit from that. heh heh
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.