Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 01:08:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Choosing a forensic psych for a new eval???

Started by GreenwoodSam, May 15, 2009, 09:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenwoodSam

My custody rights are awful, mostly due to the bad psych eval I gotduring my divorce 2 years ago.  I'm far from perfect, but this was abiased hack job.

The one thing I got out of mediation was the right to get a new psych eval down the road and have it considered by the court.

Now, I'm in a much better place and would like to get a fair, unbiased evaluation of my fitness as a parent.

I have 2 big questions:
1) How do I identify a GOOD forensic psychologist (in Seattle)?
2)How can I be assured that they won't defend their colleague's findingsout of professional loyalty, rather than doing an honest job?

Thanks.

DadsCrushed

Word of mouth may be one element to consider for a new evaluator. I had to go through an evaluation based upon false accusations my spouse. In the end, she was destroyed in the evaluation report and I came out smelling like a rose.

One thing to prepare for a revised resport is to address any shortcomings that were identified in the first one? Follow up on any recommendations: parenting classes, doctors for stress, stress management, etc. I took these classes or met with professionals and they were all jokes and in the end they said I was fine; therefore, the joke is on the entire process. One doctor sees one thing and another set sees someting else. Everything is subjective.

Having a new evaluation is not cheap so that is something to consider. You may not need to get a new one if you can demonstrate that you followed the original recommendations.

4honor

Call Christine Hook's office in Everett . If Brenda is still there, ask her who Christine uses. The forensic evaluator we used when Christine Hook was our attorney was as definitively focused on the good of the child (for a child to have access to two fit parents). She was a great evaluator. Christine Hook was a piranha and was able to keep BM from moving out of state many years ago. We were also able to get a clarified parenting plan.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.