Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: New tax law F'ing NCP  (Read 2907 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 936
  • Karma: 17
    • View Profile
New tax law F'ing NCP
« on: May 25, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »
Hi guys!
I know tax season is far away, but I just wanted to let you know about a new tax law that could potentially f NCP's.
Sorry to pass on the bad news.


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
Re: New tax law F'ing NCP
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »
I copied this over:
Post-1984 decree or agreement. If the divorce decree or separation agreement went into effect after 1984 and before 2009, the noncustodial parent can still attach certain pages from the decree or agreement instead of Form 8332. For any decree or agreement executed after 2008, Form 8332 or similar form must be used.
I read this a few times, and it seems like there's an overlap -- the first part says 1984 and before 2009, and the second part after 2008.
I think that "before 2009" means before January 1, 2009, and after 2008 means after December 31, 2008.  but dates aren't included.
I know someone who will be revoking the NCP's right to use the child as a dependent -- and can't say I blame them in this individual situation.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.