Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grandparent gaining custody after CPS

Started by sheferg, May 27, 2009, 02:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheferg

CPS picked up my grandchild after an injury inflicted by a negligent mother, how can I get temporary custody of her until a determination has been made on the case?

Davy

shaden3

Contact CPS and notify them that you are willing and interested in having your grandchild in your home. You can also contact your local kincare agency (or grandparents as caregivers group) and ask them for guidance. Good luck, and please keep us informed!
Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Thou shalt not be a victim. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.

Davy

WHY do you think you have standing as a care giver.

Just keep your fiflty hands off the child.

Kitty C.

Davy, I have to ask............who in the heck was that comment directed to??  The OP or shaden?  Either way, it was completely uncalled for.  Unless and until you know more of the situation, jumping to conclusions is a waste of time and detrimental to the purpose of this thread.  There may be extenuating circumstances that prevent the father from stepping to the forefront on this issue.  Heaven forbid he's serving overseas and would be prohibited from taking care of this himself, at least immediately.  Whatever the reason if the father is immediately unavailable to take care of the situation, thank God this child at least has a grandparent willing to step up to the plate and take care of her.....and keep her OUT of the system.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

<Post Deleted by Board Moderator>

Davy,

Here's your nice, large, heaping helping of STFU. 

A BOARD Moderator.

Davy

BOARD MODERATOR..What is STFU ?????????

Shut the F* Up.

Get it?

Another Board Moderator

shaden3

Quote from: sheferg on May 27, 2009, 02:42:32 PM
CPS picked up my grandchild after an injury inflicted by a negligent mother, how can I get temporary custody of her until a determination has been made on the case?

Whatever your gender or familial relationship (this is not indicated in your post), please know that well-wishers here believe it's a great kindness you are doing for your grandchild. Again, please do keep us informed. This can't be easy for you.
Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Thou shalt not be a victim. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.

Waylon

Davy, restrain yourself.

Quote from: Davy on May 27, 2009, 11:11:01 PM
BOARD MODERATOR..What is STFU ?????????

Shut the F* Up.

Get it?

Another Board Moderator
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Davy

Thanks Waylon !

I've already restrainted myself.  I won't lower myself to the standards of some of these moderators or posters.  I care about children too much and I know the TRUTH and I think they also know the truth....but maybe not.

I think you may want to consider that SPARC is under attack by a so-called parenting sub group of "Child Find" which is funded by HHS (ie taxpayer $$$).

Much more later if I still have access but if not I want to say now how greatly I appreciate the women and men that created / adminisitor  SPARC on behalf of the millions of children and parents whose lives have been positively impacted.

Best to ya
davy