Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grandparent gaining custody after CPS

Started by sheferg, May 27, 2009, 02:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

Quote from: Davy on May 28, 2009, 08:38:27 AM
I think you may want to consider that SPARC is under attack by a so-called parenting sub group of "Child Find" which is funded by HHS (ie taxpayer $$$).

Their attack must not be very effective, since we had no idea we were being attacked. And frankly, I can't imagine what they could do to SPARC since it's a privately funded operation whose goal is "to ensure that children of divorce continue to have meaningful relationships with both parents, regardless of marital status." If anyone has a problem with that, so be it.

Quote from: Davy on May 28, 2009, 08:38:27 AM
Much more later if I still have access but if not I want to say now how greatly I appreciate the women and men that created / adminisitor  SPARC on behalf of the millions of children and parents whose lives have been positively impacted.

All I ask is that people keep things civil here. Disagreement is fine, personal attacks or flaming is not. This is a blanket rule that applies to everyone. Although moderators are generally very balanced and objective, they're human and can get caught up in stuff or reach their limit too.

I'd suggest people read their posts before submitting them, and ask themselves if it was directed at them, would they consider it fair or reasonable? I as well as anyone know that divorce and custody issues generate strong opinions and feelings, but I think it's important to consider how others might view the posts we make, and look at how they'd be taken.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Rave

Davy

I've already restrainted myself.  I won't lower myself to the standards of some of these moderators or posters. 

Any other questions ?  Pertinant and legimate.

MixedBag

Rave -- you're a long time participant, that didn't need to be added.

Davy -- you just did it again.  Again, no need to answer something you considered an insult to yourself AND no need to insult moderators.

Davy

MB, NOT that I or anyone else needs to explain anything to you, but my most recent response was done in humor and should not have been insulting, flaming or offensive to anyone.  The initial response was a carry over to someone else from last week and I was just completeing the previous post without regret because it's true.

Back to the matter at hand, I kindly interfaced with Rave via email to explain my well-founded position and I believe it to be acceptable or should I say explainable at  least to Rave. 

So.  Do you have any questions tor comments that are relevant to discuss.  Please keep in mind the national news was reporting that over 50% of the children, some as s young as 6 years old, in the custody of FL DCFS (CPS) were taking psycho drugs without examination by doctors.

gemini3

Davy

Gemini...your post is meaningless.  Please explain.

Rave

I didn't receive any email from Davy.  Don't know what he's talking about.

Yes, I have been around for a while.  And yes, I did poke a little fun at Davy's misspelling (there is only one "t" in the word "restrained").  For crying out loud, I certainly didn't expect him to take so much offense! 

Given the loooooooong history of Davy's offensive language, positions, argumentative nature, insulting diatribe, abusive accusations, et al., I certainly did not think 2 words would wig him out so much!!  Thought for sure his skin was at least as thick as everyone else's who he insults on a regular basis.

I was wrong!!!  Forgive me Davy and others!  No more sarcasm from me, I promise.  Only direct communications.  And I promise to be direct.

Davy

Davy

... and just today it's being reported in the news of the four and five year old brother and sister found dead holding hands in the trunk of a car.  They were in the care of their Grandmother.

Once I was presented with taking care of two grandchildren by their mother and 3 counselors.   We all knew when  CPS  got involved they would be in the system "forever" and would GIVE the children to the grandmother without any evaluation.  We were not able to get them away from CPS and like before ...OMG.

Conversly, I told my daughter and the counselors that I would be a "helping hand" as needed for months but she (the mother) was going to get straight and raise her own kids because that is what the kids want, need and deserve.  The mother was best qualified to care for the kids.  (I did'nt say this but my daughter on cocaine was 10 times better than the grandmother).