Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Possible child abuse

Started by amymarie, Jun 09, 2009, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymarie

MB - When we called GA CPS they responded immediately.  We are not having an issue with them and they have still been in contact with us.  They just can't do anything else until they get the approval from TN.  It was the police office here that said they would have to close their case. 

This all happened on Sunday and we didn't realize we had to call TN CPS until Monday night, so that's when we did it.  DF called them again yesterday and found out that they did open a case, so he left a message with the caseworker.  He will call again later today if he still hasn't heard from them, but I think they are supposed to respond within 48 hours no matter what.  I guess maybe they don't see it as a high priority since she's not supposed to go back until Sunday.

The TN caseworker is the same one that dealt with the false allegations last time (I'm really sorry if I keep repeating myself - I've got a lot on my mind, as you can imagine!).  I asked DF how the guy treated him last time and he said he felt the guy was unbiased and professional.  So that makes me feel better.  If he was unbiased last time then he should be this time as well.

DF talked to the GA CPS doctor here and she is faxing him the letter saying dd needs to stay here in the jurisdiction of GA.  If he gets it in time then he will go to the courthouse today, otherwise he will go first thing in the morning.

MixedBag

sounds like you two are on the right track.

Good luck for the sake of the child!

Davy

You would be miles ahead in protecting your daughter if you got her out of the CPS system and relied on the judicial system and law enforcement systems to do their jobs.

What will you do if CPS says daughter goes back to mom ??

How did we as a society (and this board) come to the point of depending on an outfit like CPS to protect a child.  Their history is absolutely miserable.

Please think about it.

amymarie

So we have to wait until tomorrow to try to file the TPO. DF talked to the sheriff in TN and he seemed helpful. He said great things about the caseworker in TN that was assigned to our case. However, when the caseworker finally called today he was like, "Okay, so what do you want to tell me?" DF said he kind of got the impression the guy had already talked to BM (which aren't the supposed to talk to the person who filed the complaint FIRST?). The guy really didn't ask that many questions but it seemed like he already had the information from GA CPS. Fortunately though, it looks like they are going to let GA CPS do the investigation so it doesn't really matter if TN believes us or not. GA has talked to dd and knows how verbal and communicative she is.

The lady at the TPO office today said that we need to bring dd to the courthouse tomorrow when we file the petition. Are they going to want to ask her questions about what happened? Because we're not supposed to talk to her about it and I don't want them asking questions to mess up the forensic interview. I don't mind bringing her so they can talk to her to see how verbal and aware she is, but I don't want them asking her about the incident when they're not trained to do so.

Davy - we aren't just relying on CPS. We are trying to work with the judicial system too but so far they have been less helpful than CPS has been. I swear the lady at the TPO office today was about to laugh when we told her our 3 year old said her great grandfather has been touching her. Fortunately, the lady that was there today isn't the lady that will be helping us tomorrow. But so far, CPS in GA has been absolutely wonderful and it has been a positive experience with them. It's TN that sucks.

ocean

No way...why does the 3 year old have to go? The only person I would allow to talk to daughter is the judge at the courthouse. (which I can not believe will want to do that)
Now that GA is taking case, cant GA CPS get the retraining order on behalf of the child and place daughter with you?
If you have someone else that can be on stand by near the courthouse with daughter, I would do that. Have a friend watch her and if needed you can have her there in 5 minutes. She does NOT need to be overhearing adults talk about this and you can say that. WHen you need child, she will be here but I dont want her overhearing adult conversations, she already spoke to a dr for her behalf and we have that documentation.

amymarie

Well DF and I are both going so we figured I would wait outside with dd while he spoke with whoever.  I really think she didn't know what she was talking about because I can't imagine the judge talking to dd either.  But we will bring her just in case.

MixedBag

I think you have to use all the tools that are out there to protect a child.

good luck and let us know how it goes.

amymarie

DF called this morning and the lady in charge confirmed that no, we did not need to bring dd.  However, when we got there she said we have to file in TN.  The only way we could file here is if the abuse occurred here, which it didn't.  So we will be driving to TN tonight so that we can file a TPO tomorrow.

ocean

Is your state opening and keeping case? I cant believe how slow it is ... Why cant the DS lady file for you in behalf of the child?

amymarie

Our state has a case opened but they're only keeping it open in order to help out TN.  I don't think the TN caseworker really believes it yet because of the previous false allegations, so of course he's not going to offer to file for you.  And GA can't file one here.  I don't really know enough about CPS so maybe they aren't allowed to file for you in our state.  That may be different for different states.

I do know that BM had to come here last time and file herself, so they didn't file for her either.

The reason it is so slow is because of the two states.  It's like we were doing so well with progress but then had to start all over.